It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chapter 1, Page 10, Book 12



Lord, give us each day the wisdom to recognise which things are important, and which things are not.
Show us how best to use the time and talents you have given us.
Help us to use all opportunities wisely that we may give in service to others the good gifts we have received from you. 
Amen

TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY! / A new day and planning

I love being able to get up, and greet a wonderful new day. Most of the time I start off reading several daily devotionals and more often than not they seem like they were written just for me.  Yesterday was no different.  You know I was concerned about my car repairs and the possibility that my budget was going to have a huge dent put in it.  

So today I'm sharing a few thoughts from what I read yesterday.

Enter your day happy and relaxed, and you greatly increase your chances of a healthy, productive day.

It is God who wakes us each morning. If He didn’t keep us alive overnight, it wouldn’t matter what kind of an alarm clock we had! 

A fresh start is what many of us were seeking just over a week ago, when we made our New Year’s res­olutions. But around this time is when two hard realities usu­ally come to light. Number One: Resolutions are hard to keep! Number Two: There are things about ourselves that no resolution can ever set right. That refusal to forgive, that envy at someone else’s good fortune, that fear, that reluc­tance to pray—in each of us there are forces and habits too deep-seated for us to reach.

God gave us 24 hours in each day. How I use them is up to me. I may not be able to complete every task assigned to me in a single day. But to continue to put off important things that need doing is not being a good steward of the time and tasks God has given me.

God is to be found in the ordinary events of our everyday lives

I am convinced once more that God communicates with us in many different ways, reminding us of the importance of living each day as though it were our last

All too often we respond to the interruptions of our well ordered lives with attitudes like frustration, irritation, fear, and doubt. God’s surprises in our day are full of opportunities. Let’s welcome them as a new to do list from 
Him.

Lessons learned:  He places you in the opposite situation. If God wants to teach you love, He will put you around unlovely people. If God wants to teach you peace, He will put you in a situation of total chaos so you can have inner peace.

You don’t have to be thankful for a bad situation. But you can be thankful in a bad situation. That frustration, that irritation, that inconvenience, that interruption, may be a blessing or an opportunity in disguise.

We can be actively thankful about the things that make us the most aggravated. When your temperature rises during the craziest points of this week, stop and give thanks. See how peace invades you 

That is my 2 for this terrific Tuesday!

Look for God’s purpose in your next interruption

He will help us along every step of life's journey starting with today

 I suggest creating a morning ritual that includes saying thanks for your blessings

I hope your Tuesday is a TERRIFIC one.
'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I like when you said God puts us in opposite situations, that is so true. How can we truly learn to love unless we learn to love the person we think is unlovable, etc. I learned that when I asked God to make me a more patient person; boy did I get stuck in some waiting situations, but I sure learned patience :)

great Tuesday 2's for today, Ma! It is neat how God uses everything and everyone to talk to us if we just be still and listen!

betty

Kath said...

This post has given me lot to think about Ma.A quick thought was whilst reading it very true.I thank the Lord each Morning for every Morning I rise.NO matter what he has on his agenda for me.I hope you have a terrific Tuesday too Ma I aklso hope the car doesn't make a dint in your Bank.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

jack69 said...

I think a situation such as the car expense comes some time, to show others that one is still steady as she goes.

You never change, positive and are gonna make the best of the worst situations.

In a short fit of anger my dad said to my mama, You could find something good to say about the devil!
Mom said, "Honey he works hard!"
Proving dad right!!!

JeanJournal said...

I get up and go to the living room each morning and kneel and pray ~ and after the prayer...I feel like I'm walking around in the Arms of the LORD! for awhile...(wrote poetry about that after my husband died)...it's "somewhere" online...Ma, the morning prayer you posted is (well, will be Goal #31...to pray these words many times throughout the day. have a blessed day! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl...((( ALL of today's post is WONDERFUL!)))