It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Chapter 1, Page 1, Book 12




Behold I Make All Things New
I am the new year. I am an unspoiled page in your book of time. I am your next chance at the art of living. I am your opportunity to practice what you have learned about life during the last twelve months.
All that you sought and didn’t find is hidden in me, waiting for you to search for it, but with more determination. All the good that you tried for and didn’t achieve is mine to grant when you have fewer conflicting desires.
All that you dreamed but didn’t dare to do, all that you hoped but did not will, all the faith that you claimed, but did not have – these slumber lightly, waiting to be awakened by the touch of a strong purpose.
I am your opportunity to renew you allegiance to Him who said, Behold, I make all things new.


January 1st: Day Eight Eight maids a milking 
Silly women don’t they know Milk comes from a store.  Geez they are slow! 

But chocolate is yummy 
All rolled in a ball. and sold in a carton 
More than 8, that’s a haul!

These 12 days of Christmas are more than halfway finished now and today we CELEBRATE a New Year.  2011 had it's ups and downs, but thankfully more UP than down.  New Years Day is a special time to remember old friends and good times.  A time to plan and look forward to a new beginning.

We will open the book.  
Its pages are blank.  
We are going to put words 
on them ourselves.  
The book is called Opportunity
 and its first chapter 
is New Year's Day.  

Edith Lovejoy Pierce


Here at What's New at my House --The chapters in my book are the months of the year.  The pages are each day.  The book itself is the 
year...

Today is Chapter 1, Page 1, Book 2012

I hope that you will continue to have Wonderful Christmas for just a few more days and have a very joyful start to a HAPPY NEW YEAR!.

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I like that quote, Ma, from Ralph Waldo Emerson what to write on your heart. I'm going to remember that! I smiled when I saw your chapter, page, book. A new year of adventures do lie ahead for us! I'm sure it will be an enjoyable one for you in the days ahead! Happy New Year!

betty

Hollie said...

Happy New Year!!!

TARYTERRE said...

Love the line, "I am the new year. I am an unspoiled page in your book of time." This is exactly how I feel. ENJOY your Twelve Days of Christmas. We are too. Not looking forward to the decorations coming down on the 6th. Have a wonderful day. Take care.

jack69 said...

I'm with Betty. You have a neat title to your entries. Good.
Wishing you the best.

Beautiful day here. They are calling for some cold stuff, but that neverlasts long here in FLA, it is against the laW. LOL

Buttercup said...

I smiled, too, at the new year on your blog. I feel great about 2012 and I am wishing all of us a healthy and peaceful year!

Coopy said...

I adore the Emerson quote. Beautiful doesn't do it justice. This is a new day for a new year. I plan to make some changes which I hope will enact change in others. Hugs. Tammy

JeanJournal said...

The art of living is enhanced greatly by the art of forgiving and giving MUCH more of ourself every day to a friend, or a neighbor, or a family member. "Behold I make all things new." Every day is NEW, and we get another chance to share our loving- kindnesses and tender-mercies with others! WH00 H00!You're truly a blessing in todays post! YOU give from your heart and make us want to do the same!Blessya! Jean(Rome Georgia Girl)