It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, December 09, 2011

Chapter 12, Page 9, Book 11


FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

So far this Advent Season I've shared a little about some Christmas traditions, some old legends and even some things I've been doing here at my house.  As of today there will only be 7 more days here till we have our Family Christmas.  It will be 2 more weeks before we will actually be celebrating Christmas Day but our family is a large one and we get together when it is most convenient for everyone.

That being said you know it is a very busy week for me here for me at my house.  So much has to yet be finished before I'm ready.  It will be a GET IT ALL DONE weekend for me.  The bad thing is that every time I turn around it seems that there is more to do.  The good news is that it is almost all done!

I'll be able to enjoy the whole week before Christmas in peace and quiet too as our celebration is a week ahead of time.

No matter how busy I get, though, I take time out of every day for a little Advent prayer and reflection.  I have some nice booklets that were provided by our church for doing this.  Quiet time, if only for 15 minutes out of each day renews for me the true meaning of this Season.

The Season of Advent continues until Christmas and then the Christmas Season begins for me.  Christmas Day until the Epiphany or Little Christmas on January 6th.  I know a lot of people that put away Christmas at New Years but for me it continues just a bit longer.

On this FANTASTIC Friday I'm also taking a little time out to finish up the wee bit of shopping that I do.  The weather man says we may have some snow.  It's not my favorite thing at all but it sure does seem to be an important part of Christmas for a lot of folks.  

Hope your Friday is a FANTASTIC one !

'On Ya'-ma


6 comments:

peggy said...

We have some beautiful snow this morning, just right, not too much. I haven't been posting, my son-in-law's mother is critical and I have been keeping their doggies and wishing I could help more. It is good to read your posts while I have my coffee.

That corgi :) said...

How exciting your family gathering is next weekend, Ma! Something to look forward to and finish what needs to be done by then. I know you will get it all done! I like the thought of spending time daily in devotions and/or Bible readings to prepare our hearts for Christmas and the celebration of Jesus' birth!

When we were growing up, we never took down our Christmas tree until after January 6. Now my sister, who travels to her hubby's side of the family for Christmas, they do their individual family Christmas on January 6, I think they refer to it as "Little Christmas".

I hope you have a great preparation weekend and week ahead!

betty

jack69 said...

Family things are great. But as time goes on, it gets harder and harder to find a convient time because of the other extended families involved. Have a great time and I always enjoy the blog.
Love sent from Florida.

Sherry & Jack

TARYTERRE said...

We celebrate the holiday when my daughter has a day off, not on Christmas itself. We never know when that is going to be until a week or two before. So like you I have to be ready. Hope all your preperations get done ahead of schedule so you can catch your breath. I believe strongly that you should give yourself at least 15 minutes a day to DRAIN YOUR BRAIN and unwind. Life is stressful. It soothes the soul and calms the spirit. Renewed you can face another day. We celebrate the 12 days of Christmas, not taking our decorations down until after January 6th. Take care.

Hollie said...

Sounds like you are going to be very busy. I know you will get it all done!

Rose said...

Sounds like you will be super busy but you are very efficient and I'm sure all you need to do will get done in time.

Enjoy your family.

Hugs, Rose