It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Chapter 12, Page 6, Book 11




PEACE ON EARTH, GOOD WILL TO ALL 



TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY!

You know you're old if you can remember when bacon, eggs and sunshine were good for you.

I blame my age for a lot of things.  Lots of thing I used to think were good have been proven to be bad for me now.  I blame all my aches and pains and my slowing down on my age.  We have to blame something or someone rather than admit the truth, don't we.  The truth is I do eat an awful lot of the wrong things.

In the days of Adam and Eve, peace was lost. As soon as they ate the forbidden fruit and realized their nakedness, they started blaming each other 

Sadly, all of their descendants, including me and probably you, have followed their bad example. We blame others for our own bad choices and become angry when no one will accept the guilt. Blaming others for our unhappiness breaks apart families, churches, communities, and nations. We can’t make peace because we’re preoccupied with placing the blame.  Living in peace means we are eager to make peace with others.  We can both give and receive the gift of peace this Christmas

Speaking of old things, did you know that during the Victorian era, flowers adorned nearly everything -- hair clothing, jewelry, home decor, china plates, stationary, wall paper, furniture and more.   The rose it seems was one of the most popular flowers used. 
This is the Legend I found about the Christmas Rose
A little girl named Madelon was a shepherdess who saw here fellow shepherd heading to Bethlehem and asked what was going on.  They were on their way to bring gifts to the Christ Child.  Madelon so wanted to bring a gift but had nothing to give.  She knelt crying and when an angel saw her tears the angel turned them to pink roses.  The child soon was happy and picked the roses to take a bouquet for the Christ Child and give them to Mary.  Now in December the Christmas Rose blooms as a reminder the love a simple gift can bring.

There you have it for my 2 for this Terrific 2's Tuesday!  Peace and Roses

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

jack69 said...

Yeah, ain't it a shame that such a good breakfast is BAD for you.

Always a good read, Thanks.

Love from Foggy Florida this morning.
Take care up there.
Sherry & Jack

That corgi :) said...

It is interesting how the doctors keep changing their mind about what is good and what is bad for us, LOL. I like what the Bible says "everything in moderation".

It is so true, we are a blaming society. It can never be our fault about anything. I think the best gift a parent can teach their kids is to accept responsibility for their actions and not blame someone else in the process. It is a hard thing though!

enjoy the day, Ma!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Making peace with yourself helps you move forward. I have never heard the story of the Christmas Rose. Very nice. I was surprised the roses were pink, though. I don't think of pink as a Christmas color. Take care.

jack69 said...

I borrowed one of your quotes, hope you don't mind!!!
Love from down here.

Hollie said...

This is so true about blame! It's so sad to admit though.

I enjoyed reading the Legend of the Christmas Rose!

Buttercup said...

I still think eggs are good for you and milk and sunshine. There's nothing like a sunny day to make me feel good. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!