It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Chapter 12, Page 31, Book 11



NEW YEARS EVE!

At the sound of the tolling midnight bell a brand new year will begin. Let’s raise our hopes in a confidant toast, to the promise it ushers in.
May your battles be few, your pleasure many, your wishes and dreams fulfilled. May your confidence stand in the face of loss and give you the strength to rebuild.
May peace of heart fill all your days may serenity grace your soul. May tranquil moments bless your life and keep your spirit whole.



On the 7th Day of Christmas...

December 31st: Day Seven Seven swans swimming 

But the water was so cold I couldn’t catch them, I couldn’t grab hold. So I grabbed some towels to dry my hair. You can go swimming and chase swans if you dare.


My gift to you today :

 GINGER BREAD MAN 
Recipe for Life.

1 Heaping cup of encouragement
1 cup of melted compassion
2 cups of hope
1 cup of love
1 tablespoon of faith -- it only takes a little
2 large unbeaten attitudes
Lots of hugs in assorted sizes

Cream encouragement and compassion together. 
Add hope, love, and faith.
 Mix thoroughly until smooth.
 Slowly add the unbeaten attitude.
 Batter should be firm but not unyielding. knead gently. 
Roll in hugs and cut out to the desired shape. 
Add stars for eyes and a kiss.
 Bake in a warm oven.

 Excellent when shared with a friend.


To mark a new beginning of the year here at my house, I try to make sure that the refrigerator and the pantry is stocked and that I have plenty of sweets and citrus around the house.  I've always believed that oranges cure a lot of winter ills.  The Chinese believe that oranges symbolize gold and good news and often roll then into the house at the lunar New Year.

Some like to buy flowers or a new plant to greet the New Year to symbolize a healthy a healthy and lush start.

Placing quarters on the window ledge is another way to symbolize wealth in the New Year. All you really need to do is have enough quarters for everyone present, and maybe a few for those who are not, and set them out until the New Year arrives. With any luck, everyone will have great financial luck in the New Year.

There are all sorts of things we can to do symbolize a new and prosperous beginning in our homes.  Maybe you'd like to share what you do at your house.

Happy New Years Eve!

May the Joy of the Lord be on you!

'ma'

5 comments:

peggy said...

I don't have any special traditions for New Years but maybe I will try the quarters. I'll be sure to put one out for YOU!

Buttercup said...

I've been cleaning and organizing and there will be a bag (or two) for charity at the end of this weekend. Wishing you every happiness and good health in the year ahead.

jack69 said...

YOu are a wealth of knowledge. Several of these 'traditions' or beliefs I haven't heard. Of course the Citrus one sticks out since we can have as much Citrus as we want here. I have about a half bushel hanging now.
The quarters also. neat.

Here is wishing you, sweet lady, a wonderful and happy new year, Of which I have no doubt.

I never thought I would live to see a year numbered 2012. Amazing.

Love from down here, 74 & rising with a great fish fry outside yesterday. We are blessed!

JeanJournal said...

I stay up and watch the ball fall in New York on TV...in NY. My Mom would not wash any clothes on New Year's jan. 1(an 'old wive's tale' was that you might have a death in the family THAT COMING YEAR, and also Mama would not sweep the floor trash out the door for the same reason(of course I follow her tradition) as a memory of her.Luke 14:2 has been my December daily Bible verse, I think Psalm 103:1-5 will be for January 2012 ~ LOVE!!! today's post fro you. Jean(Rome Georgia Girl)

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE oranges and clemetines at this time of year too. Thank you for the sweet Gingerbread Man recipe. Spent the night at a concert featuring the music of Frank Sinatra. HAPPY NEW YEAR. May joy, good health and dreams fulfilled bless you in 2012.