It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, December 30, 2011

Chapter 12, Page 30, Book 11


THE CANDY CANE

Look at the Candy Cane
What do you see?
Stripes that are red
Like the blood shed for me
White is for my Savior
Who’s sinless and pure!
J is for Jesus 
My Lord, that’s for sure!
Turn it around
And a staff you will see
Jesus my shepherd
Was born for Me!


FANTASTIC FRIDAY

ON THE 6TH DAY OF CHRISTMAS...

December 30th: Day Six Six geese a laying
*Sigh* We’re back to those birds! I tried stealing their eggs. But their cries could be heard. So I gave up and went to the grocery store. and bought some candy canes 
Candy canes are fantastic Christmas treats.   I always have a bunch of them around every Christmas.  I decorate with them and also use them for a stirrer in my hot chocolate .  Mmmmm good.  Today my gift to you will be a little recipe for a delicious dip I make every Christmas using Candy canes.

Candy Cane Dip
1/2 Cup crushed peppermint candy canes
12 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
Wafer Cookies
Fold crushed peppermint into whipped topping. The easiest and fastest way to crush is by using a food processor…Warning--it is rather loud!.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  Before serving, stir dip to 
distribute the peppermint bits.  Serve with wafers.

To make a great presentation it can be served with Pepperidge Farms Pirouette Créme Filled Wafers! My favorite!
Everyone seems to love it, but this year I had a bit leftover and think that maybe there were just too many other things to eat at our family celebration, so I'm not sure if I'll make it again next year.

And here's something for you to try out...Just for fun..

Try this tongue twister: Silly Sue said six sad snowmen sat sideways singing.

Hope you had better luck than I did!

And I hope your Friday is a FANTASTIC one!

'On Ya'-ma




4 comments:

jack69 said...

Sweet as usual. Never heard of a cane dip, but someone with a sweet tooth it would be great.
Brings back memories of my dad. the Peppermint stick or candy canes was his favorite Christmas treat.
We are sun out and 79, today we have a fishfry outside. I only wish we had caught the fish. I love the fresh!!

JeanJournal said...

I buy candy canes at Christmas, and Ginger bread men dish cloths, and CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRIES! ~ I guess you can tell the one I like BEST! ~ I will try that recipe ~ Thanks ~ Have a lovely LAST day of 2011 on Saturday. ~ I just had a lovely 'thought' ~ ("We've had a lovely year, God `What do You plan for 2012?") I AM SOOOO very glad that GOD IS IN CONTROL, not men ~ and we're safe and in His loving care ALWAYS!
Jean(Rome Georgia Girl)

Rose said...

I also have never heard of the candy cane dip. I'm going to try it.

Happy New Years

Hollie said...

I hope you have a Happy New Year!!