It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Chapter 12, Page 24, Book 11



A Christmas Wish

My Christmas wish for you, my friend
Is not a simple one
For I wish you hope and joy and peace
Days filled with warmth and sun
 
I wish you love and friendship too
Throughout the coming year
Lots of laughter and happiness
To fill your world with cheer
 
May you count your blessings, one by one
And when totaled by the lot
May you find all you've been given
To be more than what you sought
 
May your journeys be short, your burdens light
May your spirit never grow old
May all your clouds have silver linings
And your rainbows pots of gold
 
I wish this all and so much more
May all your dreams come true
May you have a Merry Christmas friend
And a happy New Year, too...

SUPER SATURDAY / SILENT NIGHT, HOLY NIGHT

On this day before Christmas, all is quiet here at my house. Not a creature is stirring...not even a mouse.   For many years we spent Christmas eve with my Mom and Dad, and now that they are gone, it's quite different.  Still the warm memories of those days gone by are close to my heart.

There were many years too, that we went to Christmas Eve services at church, but now I do that on Christmas Day.  I don't do well at all with driving after dark and most evenings you'll find me at home.
Snug as a bug in a rug...

DS#5 and his family may stop by later in the evening and I may visit with my next door neighbor who happens to be one of my sisters, so I won't be sitting here alone.  It'll be a nice Christmas Eve, just a little different than it used to be. 

Christmas Eve was a night of song that wrapped itself about you like a shawl. But it warmed more than your body. It warmed your heart...filled it, too, with melody that would last forever.

Bess Streeter Aldrich


May you all have a Merry Christmas friends
And a happy New Year, too...

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year..!
Enjoy

Buttercup said...

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Eve. So grateful for your friendship.

Sybil said...

Hello Ma, Christmas Eve here will be different as well. However Beth and Max are comming over around 6 and we are going to go out for an early supper...
HAve a wonderful day tomorrow whatever you do.
Love Sybil xx

Scrappy quilter said...

Merry Christmas dear friend. Hugs

jack69 said...

Ahhhh Ma, just as sweet as I expected.

.....It'll be a nice Christmas Eve, just a little different than it used to be. .........

What a greatg attitude. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU OUR FRIEND,
What a lovely thought!!!!!

Jean said...

Merry Christmas Ma!

Sonya said...

Enjoy the evening with your sons visit. We are headed home for our annual prime rib dinner. Just us three....then our three swap gifts in the morning. Have a wonderful Christmas Day.

TARYTERRE said...

Beautiful poem, MA. Things here have my head in a blur, so I don't remember if I told you how very much I appreciate you as a friend. Reading your blog always gives me hope and inspiration. And your comments on my blogs are uplifting. From my home to yours... I wish you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS. Enjoy! Take care.