It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Chapter 12, Page 22, Book 11


Great things come in small packages. 
God’s gift to us in the form of baby Jesus 
was the greatest gift in the history of the world.


THANKFUL THURSDAY!

This is truly one of the most THANKFUL times of the year for me.  Thanksgiving brought a whole month full of what I was thankful for but today I must put all my THANKs into one entry.  

My thankfulness is based on the blessings I've received.  To me all those blessings come from the One to whom I give my thanks and that is our dear Lord and Savior.  

So today I'm thankful that I do BELIEVE in Him.  I don't know what some do that have no faith and no belief.  For as long as I can remember it's always been there for me.  I can't imagine a world without it.  Through all the days of my life there has always been something to be thankful for.  

The greatest blessing at Christmas was God's gift to us.  Without that gift the world for me would be a much different place.  I can't even begin to think about what it would be like if there were no Christmas for us to celebrate each year.

The reason we can give is because Jesus has given to us. 
The reason we can love is because Jesus has loved. 
The reason we can celebrate is because Jesus gave us a reason to celebrate

This year, just like every year, millions of people, both children and adults, will open millions of gifts. Some won’t fit. Some will be the wrong color. Many will be returned or exchanged. But there’s one gift that meets everyone’s need, one gift that will never wear out, never break or need repairing. A gift that is appropriate for a small child, or a teenager, or an adult, or a senior adult. Boy or girl, man or woman, it makes no difference. The gift we all need, the most valuable gift of all, is that baby in the manger. The One that this whole season is about. 

On this Thankful Thursday I'm thankful that the greatest gift ever given will be celebrated on Christmas. 

I hope that this Thursday you can be very THANKFUL too.

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

AMEN and AMEN!! The very best Christmas gift EVER. Hope you have a wonderful Thurs. Hugs

jack69 said...

HONEST, TRUE AND VERY SWEET!

JeanJournal said...

JOINING Scrappy quilter about your CHRISTMAS Post today ~~~ AMEN and AMEN! ~~~ Today 60 years ago CW & JEAN got MARRIED! ~~~ My children are joining me tonight for our Christmas get together(making it MORE SPECIAL for me because of the # 60th) C W went to be with the Lord on March 18, 2006. We had 54 years together( and had known each other since we were 15)~~~MERRY. MERRY CHRISTMAS! to a dear lady! Jean(Rome Georgia Girl) living in Calhoun ~

TARYTERRE said...

Quick entry. Thankful Thursday, indeed. Faith is a powerful thing. 'Tis the reason for the season. Tommorrow is our Christmas celebration with grandchildren and daughter. I'll be hobbling along. Doc squeezed me in today. He thinks I have medial tears of my meniscus in both knees. Go for MRI on the 6th. Then decide what to do. MERRY CHRISTMAS.