It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, December 02, 2011

Chapter 12, Page 2, Book 11



Overheard in an Orchard
Said the Robin to the Sparrow, I should really like to know Why these anxious human beings Rush about and hurry so. Said the Sparrow to the Robin, Friend, I think that it must be That they have no Heavenly Father Such as cares for you and me.
Elizabeth Cheney

We are in the season of Advent. Advent is the name for these days leading us to Christmas and the birth of Jesus. It is a season to give attention to God’s gift for us that is new every year.

We watch and we wait in Advent. We watch so that we might be found

Somedays I just want to pull the covers over my head, go back to sleep and say wake me when it comes.  But I know how important it is to get up and join in the adventure.  Waiting with JOY and experiencing every moment as it comes.

The Advent Virus 
Author Unknown
WARNING……WARNING: ADVENT VIRUS
Be on the alert for symptoms of inner Hope, Peace, Joy and Love. The hearts of a great many have already been exposed to this virus and it is possible that people everywhere could come down with it in epidemic proportions. This could pose a serious threat to what has, up to now, been a fairly stable condition of conflict in the world.
Some signs and symptoms of The Advent Virus:
  • A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences.
  • An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
  • A loss of interest in judging other people.
  • A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
  • A loss of interest in conflict.
  • A loss of the ability to worry. (This is a very serious symptom.)
  • Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
  • Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
  • Frequent attacks of smiling.
  • An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
  • An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
Please send this warning out to all your friends. This virus can and has affected many systems. Some systems have been completely cleaned out because of it.

I do hope your Friday is a FANTASTIC one.  Leave all your worries behind.

'On Ya' - ma

9 comments:

peggy said...

This is a virus you would want to pass on to everyone. Have a blessed weekend, Pam.

TARYTERRE said...

How clever. Now that's the kind of virus to have. Just wonderful. I hope you don't mind if I share it. Experiencing every moment as it comes is the only way to live. Advent is a glorious time. Take care.

That corgi :) said...

I want to have that virus, Ma! I think I'm going to make sure I get a "bad" case of it!! I think it would be a good one to spread too to others!

happy weekend!

betty

jack69 said...

I amma hoping that VIRUS spreads and no cure is found..

Good entry again!
Love from Florida.... 63 and sunny.

Rose said...

This was a great share!

grammy said...

Love to read your advent posts (o:
keep them coming. We are very cold here today...with snow on the ground.

Buttercup said...

Really enjoyed this post. I'm working on the worry theme and hope to be making good progress. Wishes for a great weekend!

Jean said...

I agree with the other ladies about the virus it's a good one to spread around. I hope you have a great weekend.Take care. Jean

Barbara said...

Easier said than done, to not worry. I think it is not letting those worrying thoughts to take hold and dominate ones life.