It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Chapter 12, Page 17, Book 11

Christmas 2010

SUPER SATURDAY!

Oh my it is going to be a SUPER Saturday here...It's the day of our family feast for Christmas.

We are gathering over at DS#5's home for the celebration as my home no longer has enough room for all the people and all the gifts and all the food too!  Thankfully the 2 of my of my children that live here in our hometown have nice large homes and graciously volunteer to host Thanksgiving and Christmas.  DS# 3 has  also volunteered to host Easter and so it goes.  We'll be traveling a little ways for that one.

Anyway back to our family celebration.  Today there will be 5 of my children, 5 spouses, and 9 of my 16 grands.  The others live out of state and cannot make it home this year.  So there will be 20 of us including me.  The 4 adults and 6  grands missing would have made it 30 and then too, we are blessed also to have one Angel grand'babe' in heaven whom I'm sure is watching down from some star in the sky and enjoying the celebration too.  I believe all the Angels rejoice as we celebrate the Birth of our Lord.  I just can't imagine the celebration going on in heaven at Christmas time.  

Everyone brings something to contribute to the feast.  First we'll have appetizers in the early afternoon, then gift opening, then our Christmas prayer and finally the Christmas feast.  I must say everyone really brings a lot of good food.  We could probably feed another 20 people.

What a blessing it is for me to have my children together.  I feel so sad when some can't make it home, but am thankful for the ones that do.  There will be lots of laughter and fun going on today.  If you hear a lot of noise coming from the northern part of Ohio, it just might be us.  

All of my children inherited there Dad's wonderful sense of humor and tend to be very laid back and easy going for the most part.  They always make me smile a lot for sure.  

I sometimes am just positively amazed at how large my family has grown and how blessed I am to have them all.  They've been the sunshine and smiles for me throughout the years.

I'm hoping that whatever you are up to today that you'll be having a SUPER Saturday too.
Every day is a cause for celebration!

'On Ya'-ma

10 comments:

jack69 said...

Sounds like MA's kind of day. Happy for you and hope all goes well and I know the house will be filled with Love. Enjoy the day, the ge more precious as life goes on.
Love and warm thoughts from down here in Florida.

Buttercup said...

I can feel the warmth from Ohio to New York. Have a wonderful day!

TARYTERRE said...

It sounds like a perfect day full of love, laughter, food, family, reflection and fun. ENJOY.

Kathy said...

Ah what a wonderful day this will be for you. Enjoy your family and your special day. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Sybil said...

Well Ma it is around 6.30pm here so I gues what with the time changes your day will be well on it's way and the party will be in full swing wish I could join with you all...Have a very wonderful day you are truly blessed to have such a lovely loving family.
from Sybil with Love xxxx

Rose said...

I'm so happy for you that you are surrounded by your large wonderful family. The others that can't make it this year will be with you in spirit. I'm sure the phone will be ringing off the wall.

Enjoy!

Hugs, Rose

Jean said...

What a wonderful time you will be having with you children and grands. A beautiful picture of you with them last year. I love to look at pictures. Take care. Jean

betty said...

Oh the fun you are having! This is a day of laughter and hugs and food and family love. You are blessed.

betty said...

Oh the fun you are having! This is a day of laughter and hugs and food and family love. You are blessed.

JeanJournal said...

Well,I'm the night owl since it's 11:26pm...I always stay up late. SOOO HAPPY for you being with your beautiful! family!!! and having fun and laughter and GOOD WONDERFUL FAMILY sharing today with you! god is so good!!! and thanks for sharing your blessings with us. Jean