It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, December 16, 2011

Chapter 12, Page 16, Book 11


CHRISTMAS LOVE

The students were led into the room.  Each class accompanied by their teacher.  Then each group one by one, rose to perform their song.  Those in the front row, center state, held up large letters, one by one, to spell out the title of the song.

As the class was to sing, C is for Christmas, a child would hold up the letter C.  Then, H is for Happy, and on and on until each child holding up his portion had presented the complete message, Christmas Love.

The performance was going smoothly, until suddenly, we noticed her - a small quiet girl in the fron row holding the letter M upside down - totally unaware here letter M appeared as a W.  A hush came over the audience and eyes began to widen.  For when the last letter was held high, the message read loud and clear:

CHRISTWASLOVE

And I believe He still is.

Author Unknown

FANTASTIC FRIDAY - SING YOUR WAY THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS!

Singing is an almost universal pastime, but did you know that, no matter where or when it is done, it can also contribute to good health simply by raising spirits and self-esteem?  Not only does it promote artistic expression, and provide friendship and community when we participate in groups, but singing also releases stress and increases lung capacity and cardiovascular health - more oxygen to the brain/increased alertness

Singing is ultimately a great de-stressor as it’s difficult to sing and worry at the same time.

 I believe that the finest carols are often sung by the poorest voices; from hearts made warm by the wonder of the season.

I never need a good reason to sing but Christmas carols have to be my all time favorite.  I hope you all will join me in singing a song or two or three or four today and have a FANTASTIC Friday!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Kathy said...

What a great story. I believe Christ still is love too. I wish you a blessed Christmas, and many hours of love and laughter and memory making.

jack69 said...

I love the story, love also your observation:
I believe that the finest carols are often sung by the poorest voices; from hearts made warm by the wonder of the season.......

This is the only time of the year I can sing with a little confidence (as long as the old Carols are sung. And I can sorta recognize the words) hahaha

Love from down here!!!

That corgi :) said...

Loved that story; how neat! I too agree with you about the singing, Ma, because I have one of those poorest of voices (tone deaf here) but sung joyously to God, I know it is sweet music to his ears (just not the ears around me here on earth LOL :)

betty

JeanJournal said...

God is love! That's why Jesus came to earth ~ to pay a debt He didn't owe and a debt we couldn't pay... Now that's love! Thanks for another great post. Jean

TARYTERRE said...

A few friends have passed that story onto me via email. So sweet. Music soothes the soul. I was so glad to hear you say, "I believe that the finest carols are often sung by the poorest voices; from hearts made warm by the wonder of the season." That describes me. I love to sing, but have no voice. But god how I love the season. Take care.