It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Chapter 11, Page 9, Book 11




WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY. LESSONS LEARNED

I'm always saying you never get too old to learn  new things and this past week has been no exception here at my house.

The lessons I've learned in life come in many shapes and sizes and I never ever get bored.  Some lessons I've had to learn more than once and it's a good thing sometimes to be reminded of what is truly important in your life.

You all know I planned to spend FALL BACK Day in my pj's.  Well we can make all the plans we want, but sometimes life happens and makes other plans for us.  DS#5 called and invited me out to lunch Sunday with him and his family.  I couldn't resist.  I got dressed and enjoyed a wonderful afternoon with them.  I couldn't miss a chance to be with some of my family.

And while my son was here, I asked him to install the new smoke detector I'd got some time back.  The old one I had no longer worked and it's important to have smoke detectors in your house.  When the time changes is always a good time to replace batteries in them too.  Well the new smoke detector has a lithium battery that lasts for 10 years.  I like that.  

Nature of course never ceases to surprise me and after bemoaning dark dreary days, we've had almost a full week of sunny days.  The temps are mostly in the mid 50's  and in the high 30's or low 40's at night but the sunshine has been wonderful.  Lesson learned:  Each day brings us something new and exciting.

We might think we know most every thing there is to know, but never get over confident about that.  Life is full of new and wonderful things every day and I am thankful for that.

I hope your Wednesday is a WONDERFUL one.  It certainly is here at my house.

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Rose said...

Glad you reminded me to replace my batteries in my smoke detector.

That corgi :) said...

So glad you took the opportunity to spend time with DS5 and family! You can always make another Sunday a pajama day down the road, but you are right, spending time with family is always wonderful!! Glad too for sunny days! That helps get adjusted to the earlier darker hours!

betty

Kath said...

You can guarantee Ma if I plan anything,something always crops up to change it.I am so happy you got time to spend with DS5 and his family.Yes the smoke alarms are a must.I think most new ones have the long leese batteries now.I know mine has.Have a Wonderful Wednesday.Take Care God Bless xx

jack69 said...

Wonderful, yep and it is wednesday. We are in Blue Springs State park and it is near 70 out side. Love it.
Glad the weatehr is nice.

I like the idea of the 10 yr batt, saves alot of worry. I am sure there s a warning when it starts down.

From Florida
Sherry & jack

TARYTERRE said...

Never too late to learn. I think it's great you did something unexpected and fun on Fall Back Day. We had to change the batteries in our smoke detectors a couple weeks ago. Glad you got yours up and running. They're saying it's going to snow here tommorrow. Not ready for it. BRRR! Take care.