It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Chapter 11, Page 8, Book 11




Terrific 2's Tuesday/  Support and Remembrance


November is National Epilepsy Month.  I support everyone with epilepsy especially my 9 

year old granddaughter.  Please get Seizure Smart!


Epilepsy is a medical condition that produces seizures affecting a variety of mental and physical functions. It is also called a seizure disorder. When a person has two or more unprovoked seizures, they are considered to have epilepsy. Seizures happen when clusters of nerve cells in the brain signal abnormally, which may briefly alter a person's consciousness, movements or actions.  In my granddaughters case it has not been a brief occasion at all but a constant way of life.

There have been times in my life that the struggles that my granddaughter has endured, have just broken my heart, but then there are other times that I so much admire her spunk and her smile.  She loves music and for her it is often the highlight of her day.  She always has two things with her.  One being her ipod case and the other being her blanket.  We thank God for bringing her in to our lives. The lessons of patience and determination have been learned through her affliction.  

Please pray for a cure for those affected by epilepsy and for those caring for someone with epilepsy.  Can you imagine a day when your brain failed to connect the dots?  My granddaughter has them every day.

This month is also a month to remember those that have left this world to go where we hope and believe is a much better place.  Veterans day is coming up on 11/11/11 and I'll be doing a post about that then, but it is also a time to remember all our loved ones that have passed away.

I've mentioned that this is a sad month for me.  Not only because of the dark and dreary days, but because some very dear to me died this month in years passed.  November is a time for me to reflect on the sweetness and often the brevity of life. November is a time to remember all those we have loved and lost.

Today I'm thankful for the loving people every where that make this world a better place for those with disabilities and I'm thankful for having, at least for a short time, those that are now lost but will always be loved.

On this TERRIFIC Tuesday I hope that you'll remember both, with love.

'On Ya'-ma

10 comments:

Kath said...

I had a cousin and a BIL Ma who both suffered this,my heart goes out to all families who have someone with this illness.Sorry to learn your Dear grandaughter has it,I didin't know this.Payers her attacks lesson with each day.I have put my Poppy graphic with message on my facebook posts each day this week since Sunday and will continue to do so all week until after the 11/11/11.Lest We Forget.Prayers for everyone and it is a sad month for me too Nov.{{{Hugs from me}}}} if they will help any.Take Care. God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

It is hard when we remember those who went ahead of us, especially if they were dear to us and we loved them dearly. I feel for your grand-daughter, my daughter has seizures, thankfully these days things have come so far in the way of treatment and medicine that there is lots of help out there, but it is a struggle indeed, especially with educating people about them.

betty

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm with you on being thankful for those who care for those with disabilities. They are my heroes. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs

jack69 said...

Thanks for the education on Epilepsy, Something I have been unfamiliar with, other than the name.
BUT, this is, to me, the heart of the post, Love it:

this is a sad month for me. Not only because of the dark and dreary days, but because some very dear to me died this month in years passed. November is a time for me to reflect on the sweetness and often the brevity of life.

seems like the 'brevity' of life, becomes the norm.
Thanks,
Sherry & Jack

Rose said...

I'm praying for a cure for those affected by epilepsy and for those caring for someone with epilepsy.

I'm keeping your granddaughter in my prayers. I believe in the power of prayers.

Hugs, Rose

TARYTERRE said...

Your grandaughter's spunk and courage will see her through this, throughout her life. She is lucky to have your support and love. With all the breakthroughs in modern medicine, I hope there will be a cure in her lifetime. I am sorry to hear that November is a sad month for you. And that you still mourn the loss of those so dear. Let the memories of the good times you shared, sustain you. Having a problem with mobility I understand some of the problems the disabled face. I support them 100%. Take care, MA.

grammy said...

That would be so hard to watch your Granddaughter struggle with that... but sounds like she is still able to smile. Thank God for that.
I didn't realize veterans day was on 11/11/11 great date (o: Last year my sons BD was on 10/10/10...that was special!

Joan said...

You need some hugs today. My arms are around you.

Joan said...

You need some hugs today. My arms are around you.

Hollie said...

I know it is hard to watch your granddaughter! She sounds like an amazing young lady though! I'm glad she has such a wonderful loving family to support her!