It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, November 06, 2011

Chapter 11, Page 6, Book 11



R AND R SUNDAY!  / To Relax is to Enjoy Life.  

For many, taking time to relax is very hard to do.  I think though that if you are enjoying what you do, you are probably relaxed.  I know that work can be enjoyable for many.  To love what you do is to never work they say.  Sadly though, most of us don't always love what we do.  

So when you are not enjoying yourself, you must make time to do those thing that you love. It is my day to take it slow, unwind and do absolutely nothing!  But most of the time I end up doing what I enjoy the most anyway.  There are so many things I love to do.  Reading, painting, spending time with my family and even cleaning my house can sometimes be enjoyable. 

I hope that you are doing what you enjoy the most, finding the time to relax and taking  a breather.  While you’re at it, take the time to enjoy these quotes.

Stress is not what happens to us. It’s our response to what happens. And response is something we can choose
Maureen Killoran
Sometimes it’s important to work for that pot of gold.  But other times it’s essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow. 
Douglas Pagels,

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.
Will Rogers

Some of the secret joys of living are not found by rushing from point A to point B, but by inventing some imaginary letters along the way
Douglas Pagels

How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then to rest afterward.
Spanish Proverb

 Sometimes a headache is all in your head.  Relax.  
Hartman Jule

For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.
Lily Tomlin

One thing I've learned over the years is that finding ways to relax is just one key to enjoying all life has to offer and sometimes we just need to sit back and enjoy the view.


'On Ya'-ma 

6 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

It's a front porch sitting day here in the high country...
Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

I like that quote about stress and our reaction to it; I think I'm going to think a bit more about that one! We truly do need a day just to unwind and to do nothing if we so chose, I think God knew that too :)

I find the older I get, I really do look forward to taking Sunday just as a day of rest!

Enjoy yours, Ma!

betty

Kath said...

I like the last quote Ma.Though I don't have to tell myself to slow down,it just seems to be happening to me for some reason Heeeeee.Have A Blessed Sunday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

TARYTERRE said...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then to rest afterward." LOVE this line. That's what I'm going to do today. I saw dawn, dawn this morning, so I'm going to just savor the moments each and every one. Enjoy your R&R, MA. Take care.

jack69 said...

Good stuff, especially the quote: sometimes the headache is all in your head!!!

Thank goodness, I have loved my work most of my life, Especially the last 30 years, I couldn't wait to go to work and hated to leave.
Thanks for a good read.
Sherry & Jack down here.

Buttercup said...

Had a wonderful slowed down long weekend with friends. What a treat! Hope your week ahead has lots of treats, too.