It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Chapter 11, Page 5, Book 11


Change is a measure of time and, in the autumn, 
time seems speeded up.  What was is not and never 
again will be; what is is change.

Edwin Teale


SUPER SATURDAY / Getting ready for FALL BACK SUNDAY

Today I'm making sure I have everything ready for my celebration tomorrow.

I've got my comfy pajamas ready as well as lots of good books to read

I'm preparing some good food to eat and have lots of snacks on hand should I need some munchies.

I am even planning to go to church this evening rather than tomorrow morning so that I won't need to leave the house for anything.

It isn't really that I need the rest so much as I need to celebrate something and this seemed like a great way to do it.  The end of long and warm summer days is a sad time for me and I look for all kinds of ways to brighten up the short dreary days.  

Today I'm thankful for something to celebrate.

Now that I'm retired, I rarely ever feel tired out anymore.  I get plenty of that great R and R at my house most every day. 

Still Sundays are a day for me to get refreshed and renewed for the coming week ahead.

Half the fun of any celebration is the preparation and so today will be a SUPER Saturday here at my house!

I hope your Saturday is a SUPER one too!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I like the idea, Ma, of having this celebration just to celebrate something! It is a good idea like you said in yesterday's post to use it as a time of rest and transition before the busy holiday season!! Enjoy the day; you seem like you have it all so well organized!!

betty

jack69 said...

We are chilly (mid 60's) here. But the sun will warm things up soon.
I'm not gonna fuss about the time change, I just do not like the idea at all, but what is, is!
TAke care and enjoy your day!

Rose said...

How wonderful that you are prepared to celebrate.

I honestly wish they would leave the clocks alone. I don't like it when it gets dark early.

A few states leave their clocks alone at daylight savings time so what is all the fuss about and the inconvenience as well.

Hugs, Rose

Diann said...

What a fun idea! I will have to remember that for next year! I hope you have a fabulous day!

TARYTERRE said...

I'm starting my celebration in a minute or two when I turn my clock back. Have a wonderful day curled up in your pjs with your books and munchies. You're a trendsetter. HAPPY FALL BACK DAY! Enjoy.