It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Chapter 11, Page 30, Book 11



HAPPINESS is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling

Margaret B. Rumbeck


Did you know that you can tell how happy someone is by looking at their Christmas list.

Those who want the latest gadgets and technology tend to be more unhappy than those who are satisfied with what they already own.

Presents are fun to select for people that I know. I match them to reflect not only others preferences, but also their dreams. This is Christmas gift giving to me.

I hope that while you are making out your list this year that you don't forget one important gift you can always give this season is a SMILE.  I love to give them and I love to receive them.  They are on the top of my list for sure.

It so fitting for the season – and so true.
A smile costs nothing, but creates much.  It enriches those who receive, without impoverishing those who give.
It happens in a flash and the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. None are so rich they can get along without it, and none are so poor but are richer for its benefits.
It creates happiness in the home, fosters good will in a business, and is the countersign of friends. It is rest to the weary, daylight to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad, and Nature’s best antidote for trouble.
Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is no earthly good to anybody till it is given away.
And if in the last-minute rush of Christmas buying some of our salespeople should be too tired to give you a smile, may we ask you to leave one of yours?
For nobody needs a smile so much as those who have none left to give!
I hope your Wednesday is a WONDERFUL one!  SMILE! 

 'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

That corgi :) said...

That is so true, Ma, now that I think about it, with your statement about how happy/content a person is by looking at their Christmas list. Son asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year and I said "nothing, just to see you on Christmas" (or sometime in the season). The gift of family time is so much more precious to me than a trinket or gadget! And when we get together, just like when your family gets together, there will be lots of smiles!!

Happy Last Day of November!

betty

jack69 said...

SWEET as one of my grandsons is prone to say!!
Always good thoughts, Blessings and Love come with a welcome smile.
Love from Florida!

Scrappy quilter said...

So very true. I love it when I see smiles on people. Just gives me such a lift throughout the day. And I agree, the gift of family time is far more important than gifts that we seldom want or need. Hope you have a wonderful Wed. Hugs

TARYTERRE said...

Smiles are life's greatest gifts, I agree. I'm hard pressed this year to come up with anything I really want for Christmas, except my husband's and my good health. And money can't buy that. Take care.