It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Chapter 11, Page 3, Book 11


A Harvest of Thoughts
Author Unknown
Dig a hole in your garden of thoughts. Into it put all your disillusions, 
disappointments, regrets, worries, troubles, doubts and fears and–forget.
Cover well with the earth of fruitfulness, water it from the well of contentment.
Sow on top again the seeds of hope, courage, strength, patience and love.
Then, when the time of gathering comes, may your harvest be a rich and plentiful one 

 THANKFUL THURSDAY

This is the time we all think about Thanksgiving, at least here in the USA.  Thanksgiving for our food, family and friends.  The whole month of November is I Am So Thankful Month, which is dedicated to counting blessings and giving thanks daily. 

 Even though I always celebrate Thankful Thursday sometimes it seems the other days of the week I forget about those small every day occurrences that I need to be thankful for. So starting today I'm going be listing one thing I'm thankful for from now until November 30th.  
Today I'm thankful for the sunshine.  In our part of the world we have been having the rainiest year on record.  Starting in the spring up until now we had well over what has ever fallen in our area.  They say more than even what Seattle has had and they are known for their rainy days.  

Yesterday it was just beautiful and I managed an hour in the sun sitting on the back patio.  I took my book outside and loved every minute of it.  It was only about 60 degrees but in the sun it felt much warmer.  If you live some place where you always have a  lot sunshine, then maybe you aren't quite so thankful for it as I am.  Here where there are far too many cloudy days we do know the value of a sunny day.

Allow life’s abundance to become your good fortune. Be thankful for every little thing, and discover how truly fortunate you are.
Ralph Marston

When we think about it, there is so much to be thankful for.  I hope your Thursday and your November will find you with many things to be thankful for too.

 'On Ya'-ma

9 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Me too.....me too!!
I try do send a least 45 min outside everyday....the dogs love it and i can rest and reflect...
Enjoy

peggy said...

I'm glad you had that time to read outside in the sun. I love to hear about small things that give us so much pleasure. Those are blessings that we sometimes don't think to acknowledge. Hope your day goes well today. I was up before the sun and I am wondering where it is today.

That corgi :) said...

I'm one that likes the sun shining so I am, along with you, thankful for the sun! Glad that you got a chance to enjoy it with a good book!!

betty

Hollie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I love sitting outside & reading! So relaxing!!!

We do have soooo much to be thankful for! Truly BLESSED!!!

jack69 said...

GIVING THANKS!

grammy said...

well...it was snowing yesterday and today it was very cold...like 10 degrees most of the morning...but the good ole Colorado sun is doing its job and shinning to beat the band (o: Thankful for that

ADB said...

It is always good to read your posts, Pam - very positive. And of course, there is a lot to be grateful for. And that does not need to be anything major.

Barb said...

Me too! I love nothing better than sitting in the sunshine. We're still getting a little here in Oregon, but are seeing less of it now that we're in November. Still, one of my blessings is the awesome Autumn color. There is a stack of books waiting to be read too. Perhaps not in the sunshine or on the patio, but while sitting on the sofa, sipping hot chocolate. I'm enjoying your posts as always. Love you.

TARYTERRE said...

Sitting outside in the sun reading a good book is always uplifting to the spirit. I love when I can find time to do it. It sounds like fun listing one thing, each day that you're thankful for. I'll look forward to reading it. Can't believe Thanksgiving will be here in a couple weeks. Take care.