It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, November 28, 2011

Chapter 11, Page 28, Book 11


Love never ends.

1 Corinthians 13:8

In a PEANUTS cartoon, Lucy is berating Charlie Brown for losing the baseball game for their team.  She says, You blockhead!  You struck out, and we lost the last game of the season!

Then she adds accusingly, You were standing there thinking about your new girlfriend, weren't you?
As Charlie Brown walks away, he mumbles, I thought being in love was supposed to make you happy.
Well, love is an important part of happiness. Studies have proven that people in love are much happier. The same is true for people who get involved. They are much happier than people who complain, but never do anything to change the situation
Having a large family means that you are always involved in others lives.  And believe me, I am thankful for that every day of my life.

I live alone now, but that doesn't mean I don't have people that I love in my life.  My family is increasing in size and every year or so it seems I'm blessed with a new grand'babe' or two to love and cuddle.  

I told my daughter the other day that having a baby is wonderful and your life is never the same again.  I enjoyed having a large family and joys just keep coming.  

Today I'm thankful for all of my family  and I pray for those that are alone especially at this time of year with CHRISTMAS approaching.  

I'll end with this quote today because I think it sums it all up very nicely

Family life is full of major and minor crises - the ups and downs of health, success and failure in career, marriage, and divorce - and all kinds of characters.  It is tied to places and events and histories.  With all of these felt details, life etches itself into memory and personality.  It's difficult to imagine anything more nourishing to the soul.

Thomas More

Have a Merry Monday Everyone!

 Life is very often like being on a Merry Go Round
Enjoy the ride!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

peggy said...

I like the Thomas More quote. I sometimes think where does she find all this good stuff. Happy Monday morning.

jack69 said...

I love your wisdom, both in originality and the picking of QUOTES. They all seem to fit something I need or want.
So thanks again. We are working experiencing (seeing) someone juggle decisions that can come to us. The neighbor fell out her RV and broke her hip. She now has a new hip joint, but I know they are faced with some big decisions for RV'ers. Return to the cold with family, or try to tough it out here.
We are looking ans knowing that could be us.
Anyway good entry here little girl!!!!

TARYTERRE said...

I know what it is like to be alone at this time of year and it is extremely difficult. We have a very small family and because of distance seldom get together. I have always envied my best friend. She had 4 boys and now has daughter-in-laws and grandbabies galore. When her husband passed they swooped in to take care of her. Love is a wonderful thing. It is a great thing to be surrounded by it. Take care.

That corgi :) said...

I too like that Thomas Moore quote; there is nothing so special than the love of a family, no matter if they are close or far away, the love we have from them and given them is very special indeed!

betty

grammy said...

Love that list. I started here when you listed Christmas things everyday. I am always looking for advent ideas. Think I have my stuff ready for the kids (o: It includes 'RACK's' Random acts of Christmas kindness. Fun.
I reviewed here but didn't see what you did for Thanksgiving?? Hope it was wonderful.

ADB said...

Love cannot be divided, it will multiply if you try to divide it.