It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Chapter 11, Page 23, Book 11



One morning a woman said to her husband, I bet you don't know what day this is.
Of course I do, he quickly answered, then ran off to work.

At 10 AM, the doorbell rang and when the woman opened the door, she was handed a box containing a dozen long stemmed red roses. At 1 PM, a foil wrapped, two pound box of her favorite chocolates arrived. Later, a boutique delivered a designer dress.

The woman couldn't wait for her husband to come home.

First the flowers, then the chocolates and then the dress! she exclaimed when he arrived.  This is the best Groundhog Day ever


WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY/ What a Wonderful Day

Well, it is the day before Thanksgiving today and NOT Groundhog day.  But none the less it is wonderful .  I think the little story tells it all.  It's all about what we do and say and our attitude.

We can make every day special.  Little things like flowers and chocolates cheer us up.  A new article of clothing often brightens our appearance.

A kindness done for another can bless the giver as well as the receiver.

Making every day wonderful isn't really very hard to do at all.   We all want and need to have something that makes us feel like we just can't wait around for life but to make us feel that life is just ours for the making.

I am thankful that today I've still got one more day before THANKSGIVING!

Nope, we cannot stop or control the happenings in our lives but we can control what we do.

I hope it's a wonderful Wednesday for you too!

'On Ya'-ma 

6 comments:

That corgi :) said...

What a cute story about the hubby and wife! I like that we can control how we deal with things, Ma, no matter what happens in our days! And so true that we can make each day special, even if it is just giving a smile to someone who needs one!

betty

Jean said...

Great entry MA love the husband and wife story. I hope you and your family have a nice Thanksgiving. I'm off to start some cooking, lol. Take care. Jean

Kath said...

Good evening from here in England Ma.I havn't been online much this past week due to back problems.I am trying once more to catch up on people.May I wish you and yours " A Very Happy Thanksgiving Day" for tomorrow.I hope you have a wonderul day.Every day I am thankful for being given another one to ENJOY.God Is Good .Take Care God Bless Kath xx

jack69 said...

Thanks for the chuckle for the evening. I am late, we have moved and set up. Friends from NC just pulled in and set up beside us. It is always good to see good friends around Thanksgiving.

Sending love from down here.

TARYTERRE said...

Love the story. I have learned this valuable lesson. You might not be able to change the things that happen to you. But you can change your reaction to them. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your family.

Tammy @ The Stitching Coop said...

This is why I love my husband so... it's the little things he does over and over that make my heart sing. I love this post. Hugs. tammy