It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chapter 11, Page 22, Book 11





I AM GRATEFUL for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual... O how I laugh when I think of my vague indefinite riches. No run on my bank can drain it 
for my wealth is not possession but enjoyment.
Henry David Thoreau


TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY/ DANCE LIKE NO ONE'S WATCHING

Life as we know it is so short. Making the most of years we are granted is a matter of being ourselves even though we know that we will inevitably encounter people who disapprove of our choices. When you shake your tail feathers like no one is watching, you will discover that there are many others who appreciate you because you are willing to let go of any inhibition

When I think about it, I am happy that I am me.  With all my faults I'd still rather be me than anyone else I know.  The good Lord has blessed me with everything I need and I am very content with what I've been given.

I have a life that has been full of joys and sorrow like most, but the grand thing is that even in the sad times I've always had something to be thankful for.  I'm getting older but now is a time I can relax and enjoy all that I've worked for.  I've been blessed with gifts that make my heart sing.

I don't dance much but when I do it is with the stars of my life that with their twinkling smiles and laughter, have made my life so rich.

Today I'm thankful that I am.  I am a thankful person.

You cannot be grateful and bitter.

You cannot be grateful  and unhappy.

You cannot be grateful and without hope.

You cannot be grateful and unloving.

So just be grateful.

Author Unknown

That is my 2 for this TERRIFIC Tuesday.  

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Hollie said...

I'm feeling real thankful & blessed also! I'm off for a mammogram this morning. Say a prayer for me please that everything will be fine!

TARYTERRE said...

I too am satisfied with my lot in life. No regrets, well maybe a few. LOL I love the quote, "My thanksgiving is perpetual." Pretty much sums it up. Take care. I'm suppose to take a little break from blogging to be with family. I may be without internet later in the week, so if I don't comment, know I'm thinking about you. You have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING, MA.

jack69 said...

I love you thoughts and also your thoughtful picks of quotes. Today's are no different. Great.
We are getting ready to pull up stakes and head up the road, other thzn the wind this has been a great stay. We have enjoyed the beautiful sites, but time to move on. my reading says 96 outside, but I know that is wrong.
From down here... sending LOVE!

That corgi :) said...

I like that poem, Ma! Definitely just be grateful for we have so many things to be grateful for! It is good too that you can look back at your life, even with the joys and sorrows, and be content with where you are right now. Lots of people can't say that!

Enjoy your Terrific Tuesday!

betty

Sybil said...

Like you Ma I am grateful that I am me I wouldn't like to be anyone else...( There was a day once not that long ago when a ldy in a shoe shop of all places stopped Mary and I and asked if she could pray for us...I looked at her and said ok if she wanted but what would she pray for ? that shook her a bit and then she said so that you will be pain free and be able to walk and to Mary so that you can throw away your sticks !! we again said ok.. but really we are perfectly happy with ourselevs and our bodies it's just the way the Lord has us be....she walked off shaking her head !!)
So happy and contented I am and for that I thank the Lord..
much love have a great thanksgiving, no doubt you will be seeing the family.
Love Sybil xx