It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, November 21, 2011

Chapter 11, Page 21, Book 11



It's you I like,
It's not the things you wear.
It's not the way you do your hair,
But it's you I like.
The way you are right now
The way down deep inside you
Not the things that hide you
Not your diplomas...
They're just beside you.
But it's you I like,
Every part of you,
Your skin, your eyes, your feelings,
Whether old or new.
I hope that you'll remember
Even when you're feeling blue
That it's you I like,
It's you yourself, it's you
It's you I like!

Mr. Fred Rogers


MERRY MONDAY! / THANK YOU!

As we speed our way to Thanksgiving Day on Thursday of this week, I'd be remiss If I didn't say that I'm THANKFUL for all the people in my life.  The dear family and friends that make everyday so special for me are on the top of my list.

I've been trying to tell you about something I'm thankful for every day as I've been celebrating I Am So Thankful Month here on my blog.  I'm sure that a month really isn't enough time to express my thanks for every thing.  Each new day seems to bring something else to be thankful for.

It's been said that learning to be thankful for the people who've touched our lives, empowers us to live joyfully and pursue our goals.  Even the difficult people often leave us with something to be thankful for.  Sometimes people that give us a hard time can be our motivation to overcome our circumstances in positive and fulfilling ways

I am very thankful for all the people that have been such a great help to me in my life.  People that have always been there for me when I needed them.

I'm thankful for all the patient people in my life that put up with me and love me just as I am

I'm grateful too for all the amazing people I've met through this blog. Through them I've had the opportunity to learn so many new things and to see places I'd never be able to visit.

I'm thankful for all of you that have touched my life in some way.  Through you I've learned some very important lessons and although some of them were difficult ones, they were important for my personal growth and so I am thankful for them.

Thanksgiving is a holiday where gratitude is the main cause for the celebration. I'm celebrating this month. My list will continue and I'm very happy and thankful to be able to share it with you.

Thank you all!

Have a MERRY Monday!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

jack69 said...

I know Sherry will read it here later, but I just had to read her the little poem by Mr. Rogers.

I like that!
I am so Thankful also.
Sending love from down here,
Sherry & Jack

That corgi :) said...

We are thankful for you, Ma, for your wisdom and your encouragement you put out on your blog!

betty

Pat MacKenzie said...

Isn't it wonderful to have so much to be thankful for that you can devote a whole month of blogging to it. You are indeed a blessed woman.

I love that Fred Rogers song you quoted at the beginning of your blog.

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE reading your Thankful Thursdays. It is always so inspirational. I agree being 'thankful for the people who've touched our lives, empowers us' whether the experience was good or bad. Lessons are to be learned everyday. I ditto CORGI's sentiments."We are THANKFUL for you, MA and all the wisdom and encouragement you dispense." Take care. And if I don't see you before turkey day, have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

betty said...

Dear Ma,
I am so happy that I found your neighborhood and can visit with you. It's always a beautiful day here. Your love of life, joy and positive attitude are contagious.
Did you know that Mr Roger's cardigans were all hand-knitted by his Mother. No wonder they looked so good.

Buttercup said...

I'm with my pals. Thankful for you and my other blog buddies. So grateful to have you all in my life.