It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 18, 2011

Chapter 11, Page 18, Book 11


SMILE - It's Friday!

FANTASTIC FRIDAY/ Formally known as FINALLY Friday

I've even heard some refer to it as Finish line Friday.   I guess they felt like they ran a race all week long 
What ever you may or may not call it today is Friday and it is a FANTASTIC day.

Good news here,  I got out of bed once again and my  good cup of hot coffee is tasting very good on this cold morning.  I've got lots planned for today and am ready and willing to get on with it all.

When I worked I called this FINALLY Friday because the work week was finally coming to an end and I always loved Fridays.  I think my love of Fridays started way back when I was in school.  The end of the week at school was almost like the end of the week at work.   I'm still in love with them but for many different reasons.

Now that I'm retired and every day seems more or less the same, there is more reason than ever for giving my days of the week a name like FANTASTIC Friday.  This is my way of celebrating the day for something other than the ordinary.  Don't get me wrong, I do think ordinary days are wonderful but I also like to think that every day is worth celebrating.

It is going to be a FANTASTIC day here and I hope it's a fantastic one for you too.  

'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

jack69 said...

Great attitude Ma. We all need to rethink our lives at retirement. I was very fortunate just before retirement, all my days were great. But I can remember very well looking forward to the weekends and my long drives home to see my sweetheart. hahahahaha
VERY cloudy and windy. I had pyut the awning out without checking the weather. OUCCH. 30MPH wind, butr we got them back in.
TAke care.

That corgi :) said...

I like that Finish Line Friday; I hadn't heard that term before, Ma! It is good to have that excitement of a Friday, to know the weekend is approaching, slower pace (perhaps) but just a chance to change routine for a day or two. I do hope it is a fantastic one for you (but I know you'll make it one!)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

When my husband was working he used to have Fridays off so we had three day weekends. It was something to look forward to. Since he's been laid off the days seem to blend one into another. It's nice to make everyday special, instead of just weekends. Take care. Enjoy that coffee.