It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Chapter 11, Page 10, Book 11



THANKFUL THURSDAY! / LIFE IS NOT AWAYS EASY
When life is hard, it’s a challenge to be grateful for anything.
I’m not sure why this is so, but I do know that it is in fact true.  When people face challenges, they tend to forget the many blessings they have in their life that they can (and should) be grateful for.
But you know that no matter what is happening in your life there is always something to be thankful for 

A am thankful for 

My family

My home

My Friends

My cell phone

My ability to grow and learn

My freedom to worship in any church I choose

My ability to choose how I want to live my life

For books to read and eyes to see with

For the opportunity to eat fresh fruits and vegetables even though I didn't grow them

For being able to take a walk on a pretty fall day, many cannot

To live in a country in which others are willing to die to protect our freedom

for my car and being able to drive where I need to go

For the gift of laughter and humor in my life

For the clean water I have to drink

 For the clothes I have to wear

For being able to learn something new every day.

My list could go on forever I suppose so I'll add just one more thing that I'm thankful for and that is for all your prayers and good thoughts for my granddaughter. I do believe in the power of prayer and know that each prayer is answered.  God's timing is perfect.

I hope my list has given you some fuel for thought and that today will be a THANKFUL Thursday for you too.

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Beautiful post--certainly started my morning off right! Thank you.

That corgi :) said...

I always like when you list thankfuls, Ma, that you include so many things we just take for granted, like cell phones, ability to worship anywhere we want, etc. We are so blessed and should indeed always be so thankful! Enjoy the day!

betty

jack69 said...

This is good, approaching the Thankful day we set aside and call it Thanksgiving, makes me glad that someone set the day aside. Gives most folks a chance to stop the rat race and say THANKS.

Forwarding this one also.
Thanks from Blue Springs Florida.

TARYTERRE said...

So much to be thankful for today and everyday. Without gratitude where would we all be. Your friendly reminder puts this into perspective. Take care.