It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Chapter 10, Page 6, Book 11




 ...whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Philippians, Chapter 4

Thinking about all these things puts me in the right frame of mind for THANKFUL Thursday!

What was honorable about this week?

I'm thankful for DS#1 and the fact that he has undertaken the position as a Scout Master. Scouting is an honorable organization and they teach boys a lot about truth, honesty and being prepared.  DS#4 and his wife are also very involved in scouting with their two boys too.

The Scout Oath
On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.

What was just and pure?

I'm thankful for a 'thank you'.  Maybe a little far fetched, but a phone call from one of my granddaughters to thank me for her birthday card just made my day.  I have so many children and grandchildren that live far away.  Sometimes I hear a thank you from them, and sometimes not

What was excellent?

I'm thankful that after a considerable amount of rain and cold weather, we are to have some Excellent days ahead  For the next 5 or 6 days the sun will be shinning and it will be warmer.  Excellent indeed!


What was worthy of praise?

Worthy of praise and thanks is some wonderful news that DD and her hubby shared with me this week.  Long awaited prayers have been answered for them

All these things make up my many blessings and for all these I am very thankful.


Just a little thought for today...

Faith:  Putting all your eggs in God's basket, then counting your blessings before they hatch.

My hope for this Thursday - that you all will find things that you can be thankful for too

'On Ya'-ma

9 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Go BSA..!!
Two of our Grandsons will make Eagle Scout in the next few months...!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

I liked how you did this, Ma, very nicely done! Great thankful things too. Scouting is a great thing for kids to be involved in; it does teach them so much and good when parents get involved too with it! Glad to hear about answered prayers; always good news indeed!

betty

jack69 said...

Of all the scriptures I love, I think YOU, Ma, live up to this one much better than most of us:
whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.


Philippians, Chapter 4

Have a wonderful Thursday up there!
Sending love from Florida,
Sherry & Jack

Kath said...

I go along with jacks comment Ma Thousandfold.Yes the scout movement is a wonderful thing for both children and adults.What a wonderful post today as always.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

grammy said...

Love to be reminded of others Thankful list....
it always makes me review mine (o:
I am so thankful that my 4 granddaughters are going to Awannas ... they learn so much scripture there (o:

Everything looks delightfully yellow over your way.
Here too... cold front is moving in.

Hollie said...

So good to hear answered prayers for your DD & hubby!

I know you are going to enjoy those beautiful warm days ahead!

TARYTERRE said...

The SCOUTS are a character building organization for our young people. Your sons participation is admirable. It is rare to get a thank you these days. It was nice your grandchild remembered. It is always nice to hear prayers were answered to those in need. Enjoy the sunshine headed your way, MA. Have a wonderful evening.

grammy said...

Great post
the grandsons are lucky to be in scouts
I love that my GD's are in Awanna's....they learn so many scriptures (o:

Sonya said...

Nice entry Ma! Hope you are having a great week! I appreciate you so much! Have a great weekend too. Only one more day for me! :-)