It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Chapter 10, Page 5, Book 11

WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY

Bittersweet October.  The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter.  

Carol Bishop Hipps

Leaf peeping season in Ohio is supposed to be from Oct. 5th thru the 21st.  I'm going to be more than peeping at those leaves.  I'm going to gaze, stare at and relish their beauty.  I can't tell you how dreary and depressing it is to me when they fall and the trees are bare and bleak looking.  My leaf peeping will be one that will be bittersweet for sure.

In the woods where my little camper sets I get to view 3 of our 4 seasons here in Ohio.  The campground is closed during the freezing cold months of winter.  What I get to see is Spring when the buds are just popping out on the trees, then summer when they are in full leaf and green, green green.  Every where you look are varying shades of green.  And now with Fall in progress we are seeing shades of brown, yellow, red and orange.  It's just beautiful!

At home it's the same.  Up and down my street are lots of different kinds of trees and each one shares it's bit of glorious color with us too.

The sights and smells of Autumn are WONDERFUL.

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,And leaves of every name.The Sunshine spread a carpet,And everything was grand,Miss Weather led the dancing,Professor Wind the band.

George Cooper, October's Party

It's a WONDERFUL day for a party here at my house.  The leaves are dancing in the air and their color is beyond brilliant.  The sun is shinning so I'll be going out to join them.  Wouldn't want to miss all the fun!

I hope your Wednesday is a WONDERFUL one too.

'On Ya'- ma

6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I love looking at the leaves on treetops during this time of year. Especially when the colors are so vibrant. it is so beautiful. Enjoy mother nature's show, MA. Happy Autumn.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I love October....!!
Have a great Wednesday..
Enjoy

peggy said...

The most beautiful colors happen in the fall in your part of the country. We always went to Hocking Hills for a tour near Columbus when I lived there. I guess your mix of weather is just perfect for leaf-turning.

That corgi :) said...

Always a favorite time for me when we lived in Montana was to see the leaves changing, always such a wondeful array of colors! Enjoy your peeping time with them!

betty

jack69 said...

Awww Ma, We are so glad you have the camper and that you get to see the three seasons from it. Campgrounds are such special places I think, even the more commercial ones still give a feel of God's best.
We moved again today, and are already settled in. Scmpers are sparce this time in Florida, we sorta like that.
Love from our campground to yours,
Sherry & Jack

Kath said...

Yes Ma.... The leaves do paint a beautiful picture and I love them too.Though I have to say they are very hard work to clear away on the ground when fallen.Also all the berries that are blown off the Rowan trees around me.We have had nothing but gale force winds, since I landed home from your Beautiful country.So my lawns are red from the berries falling.I saw lots of beautiful trees in California,We drove all the way up route1 to the Redwoods,and even crossed the border into Oregan it was wonderful.We also stopped by a place called "Trees Of Mystery" and that was fantastic.Have a wondeful autumn day Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xx