It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, October 31, 2011

Chapter 10, Page 31, Book 11



MERRY MONDAY/ ALL HALLOWS EVE

Bless all those
that generously give
treats tonight

May all these treats 
be a reminder of
the gifts we have received

God bless the trick or treaters 
and keep them safe

Happy All Hallows Eve!

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who’s got the funniest face of all?  

There will be lots of trick or trmeaters at my door tonight.  There will be lots of funny and strange faces, but I know that they are all fake.  They will go home and take off their masks.

I often say that what you see is what you get.  But truly I wouldn't want you to see some of the faces that I make.  My face needn't show all the aches and pains I have.  I'd rather you see a sparkle in my eyes and a bright smile

The real me might be behind a mask some days.  But mostly I am myself, maybe funny looking but not fake.

Have a MERRY Monday and a Happy All Hallow's Eve!

'On Ya'-ma


6 comments:

Hollie said...

You are such a precious lady & by all means NOT FAKE AT ALL!

Tonight we will be having trick or treating in our little town! I hope & pray everyone will stay safe!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm like you too. You see what you get. I've never liked those who feel they need to wear masks. Just be yourself. Hope you have a wonderful Monday.

jack69 said...

Good entry, you are a riot sometimes lady:

The real me might be behind a mask some days. But mostly I am myself, maybe funny looking but not fake.

have a great time tonight, we probably won't see any trick or treaters. (but we are ready!)

TARYTERRE said...

I usually dislike PHONY people, too, MA. We should all be our genuine selves. Faking it doesn't help you get by. But because tonight is Halloween we can all put on a mask and pretend to be something we're not, strictly for FUN. It's harmless, as long as the real monsters stay away. I hope you have a yard full of little ghosts and goblins lining up for some treats. ENJOY the evening. HAPPY HALLOWEEN.

Kath said...

You don't need to hide behind any masks Ma you are beautiful.The only mask I could do with today is one of those which fades the wrinkles what you plaster on haaaaa.Like you though,I'll give it a miss and be myself.Have a Happy Halloween Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

I'm sure you always do have a sparkle in your smile, Ma, even during some of the hard things too! How fun that you get lots of trick or treaters. This is our first year here so we have no idea what to expect, so far its 7:30 our time and only 2 trick or trears. I fear we'll have lots of candy left!

betty