It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, October 03, 2011

Chapter 10, Page 3, Book 11

Think left and think right and think low and think high.  
Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!  

Dr. Seuss

MERRY MONDAY!

I'm trying to start my Christmas planning early this year and with that said here is what I've accomplished so far
Holiday planner assembled, Gift Lists made - I should say a list of whom I want to give gifts to, Handmade gift projects started in that materials, patterns, etc. are purchased and ready to go.  
Christmas cards considered and my address list updated

Years ago I never dreamed that I could actually make something that others would appreciate.  Then at a low point in my life I joined a friend and took Decorative Art (Tole) painting classes.  This style of painting follows a pattern and has instructions for what color paint to use and once you learn the method you can paint just about anything.  I love painting and am thankful I took the classes.

Many of us do not see ourselves as naturally creative. We fail to recognize and appreciate our innate abilities. That’s because we hold limiting concepts of ourselves, and what it means to be creative. The thesaurus says that creativity is also originality, inspiration and imagination. I think that describes most of us in some sort of fashion.

We all have the ability to express creativity . Whether you want to plant a garden, furnish a home, or cook a gourmet meal,  all these avenues offer opportunities for inspired self-expression.
I really never had a specialized talent before.  I do love to do a lot of things but found myself not excelling in any of them.  I sew, I knit, I cook, I garden  but none of these things make me feel as fulfilled as the painting does.

When you find something you love to do, it unleashes the creativity within and when you achieve something you have created you can watch your attitude and accomplishments reach new heights you never thought imaginable.  
Remember there is something different each one of us to can do. I see beautiful quilts, gardens, crafts of all sorts and scrumptious food in a lot of the blogs I read.  I know there are a lot of creative people out there.
I'm cleaning up the craft room today so that I can create.  It's a job that I'll enjoy as I'm anxious to get started.

It'll be a MERRY Monday here at my house. 

I hope you'll find some ways to be creative and have a MERRY Monday too.

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I love that you TOLE paint. I have always thought it was so beautiful. I think being creative is a wonderful gift. God given. Handmade presents are the most precious because you know it was made just for you, with lots of love. I am glad you have a plan in place to get all your holiday stuff done ahead of schedule. Have fun creating. Take care.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Don't forget writing....your a very creative writer..!!

Enjoy

jack69 said...

HOme made, friend made, things made especially for you are Special. Like the hand traced by a first grader for mother.

Good entry, Christmas? Not thinking of it yet. I don't think! but thinking high and low. LOL
Love the quote.
Cool here in the Motor home even thought it is Florida.
Sherry & jack sending Love from Florida.

That corgi :) said...

Wow, Ma, good for you for early planning for Christmas! But it will be here so soon! I like how you said about talents, we do have them all that we are good at and can help us be creative. It is neat you found your niche with tole painting and I know the items you have made and shared through pictures with us are so very nicely done!!

I'm sure you will spend many an hour in the days to come being just as creative!

betty

Jean said...

To me a handmade gift is the best gift ever. I love it when someone makes something for me if it's a Bithday, Christmas are a thank you card. I just wish I could get in the early Christmas mood. Take care, Jean.