It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Chapter 10, Page 29, Book 11

For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up. A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance 

Ecclesiastes 3:1-4 


SUPER SATURDAY!

A quote I read this week that said

 ENJOY LIFE NOW, 
IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE

We each have an expiration date. We can't know for certain when it is.  It's not written down for us. There is no imprint or stamp to tell us when we will expire but the idea of what is considered enjoyment is almost as varied as there are people to enjoy things. We often enjoy different things, perhaps even things that our close friends don't find enjoyable.

I have found that in the long run, it’s your personal relationships that really matter.  You can have everything in the world, but if you don't have someone to share it with, it is not much fun at all.  In my case it is my family and my friends that make life enjoyable.  Most everything I do is in some way related to them.  

I often quote Ecclesiastics here in my journal because it is a reminder for me that there is a time for everything. We would all like to think that our time is the only time that matters, but when we look back in history, there were many many people that made their time matter.

Life is short.  Make your Saturday a SUPER one.  Don't let your expiration date worry you.  Just make every moment count.  There is time for everything under heaven.

One today is worth two tomorrows.

Benjamin Franklin



'On Ya'-ma 

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Love your blog header picture, Ma! I'm wondering if that is one of the roads to your cabin? Looks very scenic!

So true, we all do have an expiration date and we do need to live our lives well, not knowing when that date will come up. I think it is good too that God doesn't let us know when because I'm sure it would impact how we life and choices made or not made.

Ecceliastes is such an interesting book, I have to say. So much wisdom of King Solomon in there but I like how he sums it all up that life basically is meaningless, no matter how well we might prosper, if we don't have a relationship with God and don't fear (respect, hold him in highest awe) him.

May you have a great day!

betty

Sybil said...

Thank you Ma, These words are some of my very favourites..
Have a lovely blessed Sunday..
Love Sybil xx

jack69 said...

Good thoughts. I also like Ecclesiastes. I enjoy Proverbs too. I say it often those books you can read anywhere, back front or middle and find something that fits for today!!!
Thanks for good ideas and a good read.

TARYTERRE said...

Because of that expiration date, I live each day like it's my last. One at a time. Take care.

Rose said...

Excellent Post!

Yes, very true, everything does have an expiration date.