It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chapter 10, Page 27, Book 11



Autumn is the time for giving thanks, recognizing our abundance, and rejoicing in the good gifts of God. Let's not allow a scarecrow or two to get us down. We are blessed in so many ways, and have much for which we should be thankful -- an autumn abundance.

When the weather gets that autumn nip in the air and turns cool, we turn our thoughts to bundling up. Out come the jackets, windbreakers, warm socks, boots, warm pajamas turtlenecks and flannel shirts.Sometimes we add more bedding -- blankets, quilts, comforters, and afghans in an effort to be warm and cozy. 

I'm thankful for being able to be warm in cozy in Autumn

Something comes over me when it gets cool: I buy yarn and knit.

I'm thankful to be able to make something for others.

In the fall, it's so nice to enjoy a hot cup of coffee, herbal tea, hot apple cider, or a mug of hot chocolate milk with a marshmallow on topas we sit by the fire or snuggle up with a pet and read a good book. Even Starbucks has gotten into the act: they're advertising their Pumpkin Spice Latte these days -- a definite sign of fall.Those fall beverages make me think of fall food -- a big pot of chili or beef stew, turkey, yams, popcorn and popcorn balls, a basket offruit, nuts to crack, gingerbread, pecan pie and smells of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Apples are abundant now, with many varieties to choose from -- Red and Golden Delicious, Gala, Pink Lady, Pippin, Braeburn, Rome Beauty, Fuji, Granny Smith, Jonathan, macintosh, and York. They can be enjoyed in so many different ways -- eaten plain, apple pie, Apple Betty, applesauce, caramel or glazed, and even with peanut butter on slices- yum!

I'm thankful to be able to enjoy all these good scrumptious foods and for my health which is a tremendous blessing.

For these and all of my bountiful blessings I am so very thankful.

Fall does bring an abundance to enjoy!  Hope this Thursday you will find many things to be THANKFUL for too!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Need some pears to go with your apples...Hahahahaha...!!
Enjoy your day..!!

That corgi :) said...

That was such a nice picture, Ma, of the tree lined street reflecting their fall colors! All your fall food made me hungry! It is good to snuggle with a blanket over one's legs and a steaming cup of tea or cocoa next to you and a good book, a good TV program, or a good craft to work on! Enjoy!

betty

Rose said...

Your post was lovely.

We all have so much to be thankful for and you just brought it to our attention to recognize it.

Hugs, Rose

Kath said...

I am Thankful for all of these and more Ma,loving the hot chocolate Mmm,whilst sat commenting and being very Thankful for my online friends.Have a lovely day.The Lake header is beautiful.I visited many lakes in San Fransisco up North Route 1.We had a Birthday Party on one of the hire boats on Lake Lewisville Dallas.Those lakes are big in USA .Take Care God Bless Kath xx

jack69 said...

Enjoyed the entry, and this:

Something comes over me when it gets cool: I buy yarn and knit.

Me thinks it is a disease, and there is no cure for it, But since the results and side effects are beautiful things, there is no use looking for the cure!!

Thoughts from Florida 85 outside.

TARYTERRE said...

I don't knit but I know many who find comfort in it. I'm glad you have a talent that nutures you. Reading this post made me want to curl up in a warm afghan, with a good book and a cup of hot apple cider. Autumn is a wonderful time of the year. You're right... so much to be thankful for.