It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chapter 10, Page 26, Book 11

There is a lighthouse out on the pier


WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!  SO WONDERFUL!   SO MARVELOUS!!

Did you know:  In the folk rhyme, Wednesday's child is full of woe.  In Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery day,  the disagreeable nature of the weather is attributed to it being Winds-Day, a play on Wednesday.

At my house Wednesdays are WONDERFUL.  

Wonderful Wednesdays mark the middle of the week.  It's a way to congratulate yourself for making it this far in this wonderful week.  It's my way of making Wednesdays just as wonderful as Fantastic Fridays and Super Saturdays.  Looking at what is good in each day and finding ways to make them all wonderful.

There is something about knowing you are in the middle of something; the past weekend is becoming more of a memory and plans for the upcoming days off begin to fall into place.  

The truth is that by myself,  I am incapable of making my day one of wonder and thankfulness.  I was born selfish and cranky.  Without the Lord's help a wonderful day is determined by my experiences.  With the Lord everyday has the potential of being wonderful as He makes it possible for me to look at any given moment and see blessings, opportunities, a lesson to learn, joy, wonder, and thanksgiving. 

I hope you are having a marvelous midweek! May the dear Lord bless you with all that you need to make each and every day wonderful in Him too.

It is a WONDERFUL Wednesday here  at my house.

'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I was born on a Wednesday. WOE is me. Though I'm getting better with age. Love the lighthouse. One of my favorites is Marblehead. Wonderful words for today. Thanks. Take care.

jack69 said...

Yep it is a great day. got the root canal done the morning and moved the motor home close to I-75 and the Fla turnpike.
Just had a great cup of coffee with my Girl, all is well in our world in florida.

That corgi :) said...

I like your new header picture Ma! Looks like a pretty area! I like that with the Lord's help, every day can potentially be a wonderful day! All with attitude indeed!

betty