It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, October 24, 2011

Chapter 10, Page 24, Book 11



MERRY MONDAY

21 KEYS TO A HAPPIER LIFE  / Mondays are the day to start your week off right.

Compliment three people everyday.
Watch a sunrise.
Be the first to say Hello.
Live beneath your means.
Treat everyone as you want to be treated.
Never give up on anybody; miracles happen.
Forget the Jones’s.
Remember someone’s name.
Pray not for things, but for wisdom and courage.
Be tough-minded, but tender hearted.
Be kinder than you have to be.
Don’t forget that a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
Keep your promises.
Learn to show cheerfulness even when you don’t feel it.
Remember that overnight success usually takes 15 years.
Leave everything better than you found it.
Remember that winners do what losers don’t want to do.
When you arrive at your job in the morning, let the first thing you say brighten everyone’s day.
Don’t rain on other people’s parades.
Don’t waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
Keep some things to yourself and don’t promote havoc by backstabbing people you love.

These 21 keys have a lot of wisdom in them.  I know that I could have used some of this advise when I was younger. As a matter of fact I could have used some of it just the other day.

Looking at # 19 where it says we shouldn't rain on other peoples parades me me think about something I did over the weekend.  DD was excitedly telling us about some of the names they liked for the new baby coming their way.  She asked how we liked them and sadly, I said, I didn't like them at all. It was my first reaction, but I shouldn't have said that.  She is just so excited that I put a little damper on things for her.  It would have been so much nicer had I just kept my mouth shut or said something about what fun it must be picking out your baby's name.  I could have bit my tongue off afterward, but it was too late for that.  Oh, I did apologize, but still it's not the same.

Little do we realized the importance of what we do and say.   When we hurt someones feelings especially someone we love,we also hurt ourselves.  Like I said the points above all have a lot of good in them, but for me, I'll never forget #19.   The older I get, the more I learn about life.  I sure hope your Monday is off to a great start - Remember  # 20 -- Never miss an opportunity to tell someone you love them.  

Have a 'MERRY' Monday everyone! Make it better than you found it!
 'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

Hollie said...

Great list indeed!! Good advice to us all!

I've done things like that before also & felt so bad afterwards. It happens so quick, & it wasn't meant to be hurtful. But I know it was! There's really nothing we can do but tell the person we are so sorry.

That corgi :) said...

I like those 21 points, Ma! There is lots of wisdom in each of them! I think I'm going to print them out to keep them handy to refer to. Need some lessons on some of these myself indeed! Especially about the greatest emotional need to be appreciated.

I hope you have a good Monday Ma!

betty

jack69 said...

Join the crowd, one thing I would bet on is, that happens much less with thee, than most of us.
But it still hurts afterwards, so much so that you want to cry! But life will continue.
Like the list.
Love from Florida, Sunny and 70 outside this morning.

Kath said...

I do not think anyone can honestly say they havn't done what you did Ma.I know I have and yes it does hurt afterwards PLENTY.Nevertheless if we never made mistakes we would never learn by them.I had no idea DD was expecting.Something exciting to look forward to.How wonderful.Have a merry Monday yourself Ma.Your header bar is wonderful too.Precious moments.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

TARYTERRE said...

For as long as I can remember people have always tried to rain on my parade, or so it seems. When it happens my first thought is to strike back, verbally. But through the years I've learned to hold my tongue. It serves no purpose to get more people upset. I'm sure you meant no harm, telling your daughter your opinion about the names. We can't all agree about everything. Whatever the precious little one's name is, you'll all be untited in love. Take care.

grammy said...

Love that header (o:
Very good advice.
Sorry about the slip up... yikes... I hate it when I do that. By the way, the names are just sooo different than we are use to. My last new daycare baby was named Landon. I almost said..."LIke Michael Landon?"

Jean said...

Good advice MA I think I will save your 21 keys to a happier Life list. Love it. Beautiful header picture is this your grand child? Take care, Jean.

Marie said...

Love these 21 keys Ma! Just wonderful! xxoo