It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chapter 10, Page 23, Book 11


There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics and The Great Pumpkin. 

Linus

R and R SUNDAY!

I agree with Linus, there are just some things I never discuss.  One thing I am, however,  always willing to discuss is how important a little Rest and Relaxation is for us all.  So far this Fall has been a busy time for me, but I'm trying to keep things in balance and to remember to take some time out for a good rest now because soon the demanding holiday season will be upon us.  If we don't want our batteries to burn out before then, we need to nurture ourselves a little.   Winter blues come partly from a loss of our inner energy and when we don't get the proper rest we find ourselves run down and getting sick too.  Winter won't be here officially until December, but it sure is feeling cold here in northern Ohio and it's easy to feel blue on dark and dreary cold days.

It's time to take our pillow and our blankets seriously.

Sleep is not a luxury, nor should it be an afterthought, something you try to work into your schedule if you can.  During the nighttime, we actually regain all of the powers and energy we used during the daytime. It's like rebooting a computer.  And you need a particular amount of sleep.  In general most of us need seven and half hours of sleep.  There are a rare few that can get by on less, but they are very few and far between.

I'm home this Sunday and resting from my moving out of the camper day yesterday.  It is a big job for me to bring home all the things I either don't want to share with the mice over the winter or that I don't want to freeze up.  I have to pack it all up and when it's home I have to tote it all inside and find a place for it all till next year's camping season begins.  At the end of the day I was very tired indeed.

I slept like a baby, very soundly and got every bit of my required 7 and a half hours of sleep and more.  Today is a restful one for me.  Nothing much to do but rest and relax.  I'm off to church here shortly where I always get a little extra need renewal and refreshment then back home where it is cozy and warm.

Hope your Sunday is a restful one that helps prepare for the week ahead.  Enjoy your day and your life.  Rest and relax -- it is soooo good for you!

Now how about that Great Pumpkin....

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

jack69 said...

Tired after a busy day is good. The sleep of the tired and honest is rest.
I know you hated to say so-long to the camper.
When I read that I know how blessed we are. Thanks for the reminder, now enjoy this R&R you deserve it!!
From Florida,
Sherry & Jack

Kathy said...

Enjoy your day of rest. I hope to enjoy mine also. Sounds like you are ready for the holiday season now.

That corgi :) said...

Love your new blog header picture, Ma! So adorable!! So true too about getting that needed rest to recharge ourselves and our energy; I like how you described it with rebooting the computer; good analogy indeed!

I hope it is a restful one for you!

betty

Kath said...

I hope you are enjoying your restful Sunday Ma.Evening time here.I can only sleep 6hrs each night and wake at 5am almost every morning.I do make sure I have a nap each day after lunch,for at least an hour or two.I am sure this has kept me going for many years.I know how much differant I feel if I don't manage that nap,I have no energy at all left by tea/time.Have ablessed R&R Sunday
Ma.Maybe my computer needs the same rest it keeps playing at games with me of late.So please exuse the hit and miss of my comments.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

TARYTERRE said...

I agree we all should nurture ourselves. I'm a nightowl, though. So I sleep at unsual times. Sounds like you've had your hands full packing up the camper. Hope you enjoyed the day resting and relaxing. Take care.

Jean said...

I hope you had a good day. Moving is always a big job if only it's from your trailor to the house. We use to camp a lot and every time we went it was moving stuff in and out. I hope your getting a good night sleep. Take care, Jean.