It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chapter 10, Page 20, Book 11



Thank you God for all the blessings and abundance in my life!

THANKFUL THURSDAY

Gratitude is something of which none of us can give too much. For on the smiles, the thanks we give, our little gestures of appreciation, our neighbors build their philosophy of life.

 A. J. Cronin

 Gratitude is a powerful saving principle, with amazing personal results when practiced.

This week my thankful list is topped by the fact that grandchild #17 is on the way!

DD and her hubby of almost 14 years are going to be parents for the first time.  This is an answered prayer.  We just never know about God's timing.  This babe is the outcome of years and years of waiting and praying.

A blessing like this makes me realize more and more that the dear Lord does watch over us and protects us and loves us through all the ups and downs of life and reminds us of what is important in this life He has given us.

What a bargain grandchildren are!  I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars' worth of pleasure.  

Gene Perret

Life is just so amazing.  Miracles happen every day.  Never give up because you just don't know what surprises might just be in store for you tomorrow.

When I think about all that is in my life, how can I help but be thankful.  

It isn't what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart.

Author Unknown

DD and her hubby are just over the top with this good news.  I've never seen anyone happier than the two of them except for perhaps myself.  I am so happy for my daughter as I know how strongly she has wanted a child of her own.  Our children do make us very thankful.  Her due date is the later part of May 2012.

Gracious Lord, May our family grow through the years, and through Your kindness, may we be a blessing to all who know us. May the words of our mouths and the desires of our hearts please You, our Strength and our Deliverer.


Psalm 127:3
Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from Him.

I hope your Thursday is one you can be very THANKFUL for too.

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Hollie said...

What a great BLESSING indeed! Congrats to DD & her hubby! I was wondering if that was the great news they shared with you recently! I'm so happy for them as well as you all!

Thanks for sharing Barb's Pumpkin Pie Cake with me!! It sounds so good!

Have a wonderful day my friend!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Congrats...!!

Rain with snow mixed in today....!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

Congrats to your daughter/hubby and to the whole family! That is wonderful news, Ma. I know you had mentioned before her not having a child and wanting one, so I am glad God answered her prayer in his perfect timing!

betty

jack69 said...

Always good to come here for a fix of Good news! Thankful Thursday greets me with a thankful heart and a smile at the quote about the loose change, and a million dollars in love in return.
Sherry & Jack in Florida, cool enough for a wonderful campfire last night even down here.

grammy said...

wow...number 17...
I have for plus two...
I would like another baby (o:
Loved the story about the donkey. Life is all about what we do with the 'dirt' (o:

TARYTERRE said...

This pregnancy is a blessing. What a miracle. I wish her and her husband all the best. You must be thrilled Grandma. Take care.