It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, October 17, 2011

Chapter 10, Page 17, Book 11


Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened. 


Dr. Seuss


MERRY MONDAY!

It would be my guess that you are probably tired of hearing about my camping experiences.  After this entry you won't have to hear about them any more for this year.  Camping tales will begin again around April 15th next year.  The decision was made this past weekend to close up the camper next Saturday.  That involves a good cleaning out and lots of packing up things to take back home again.  Then the antifreeze will be pumped through the water lines and we'll lock it up for the winter.  

I depend on my children to help me do the winterizing so when they do it, so do I.  It's always a sad time for me.  But I'm smiling because we had a lot of happy family times this past year and I'm very thankful for all of them

That's mostly the way I look at life these days.  I've had a lot of happy times and can never regret that they are over.  I sure have had some wonderful times in the past and had a lot of wonderful people in my life too.  Times change, people leave for one reason or another but I can SMILE because I had them if even for a short while.

Today is going to be a great Monday.  Lots to do here at my house.  I'm going to be busy and will probably have a few good laughs on myself too. 

Have a MERRY Monday!

'On Ya' - ma

10 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I never tire of hearing about your camping adventures. I live vicariously through you because I've always wanted a camper or RV, myself. So sad you have to say goodbye to your little wooded area until next year. It's nice your children help you winterize. Sounds kind of complicated pumping the antifreeze in the water lines. It must be hard to flush out in the spring. People come and go, but the memories we shared live on. Take care. Have a great day.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Another camping season is over...it was a great one here in the high country....!!Lots of wonderful memories..

Enjoy

peggy said...

And now we start looking forward and making plans for next season. I don't get tired of camping stories, that's something I haven't done in many years. We do have a fire on the porch when I go to my daughters, and with those marshmallow thingies.

That corgi :) said...

I enjoy hearing your camping adventures, Ma! I just can't believe the season is over already! But I know you did make great memories that will carry you through the upcoming winter!

betty

Pat MacKenzie said...

That's a great attitude to have. Happy memories can keep us going during the sad times, so we take the good with the bad and cherish them all.

Kath said...

Yes Ma, cherish them all,those wonderful past times.I love reading anything you write about and never tire.I now look forward to all your Autumn posts just as much.Take Care God Bless Kath Motherhen xx

jack69 said...

Surely no one gets tired of hearing from a campground, LOL.

I know this is a sad time, but I like the quote, that says it all!

We are fortunate when I pass the RV antifreeze in the stores I can smile, because fortunately we just drive to a warmer climate, we have never had to winterize. We are very lucky.

Enjoyed the entry.
Sherry & Jack

grammy said...

I have loved my camping experience too
We have winterized....but it is still in the drive here....because I need to clean it out...I have been lazy about that (o:

Jean said...

I enjoy reading about your camping. We use to camp some back in the late 70's, 80's and early 90's when all the kids that like to camp moved away we just let our camper trailer setup and use it for storage. We were working all these years and it was only on vacation are during some weekends. But I enjoyed it. Take care. Jean

Barbara said...

A great way of thinking, glad for what you have had rather than sad for what is lost.