It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chapter 10, Page 13, Book 11


The difference between not enough and more than enough is your attitude

 Bishop T.D. Jakes 


THANKFUL THURSDAY

Give loving thanks for the Lord’s lavish gifts

As we live our lives from day to day, it can be easy to take so much of what we have for granted. We can get so wrapped up in trying to get what we don't have that we don't take time to appreciate what we do have.
I'm grateful for life, love and more…
The gift of life is taken so lightly that sometimes we forget the grace behind it and all the things we can’t do without it

The gift of health, need I say more?

The gift of time and memories , sharing with those we love

The gift of family, friends and people we meet, so many smiles and hugs

The gift of a meal, suddenly foods that sound sooooo good, like vegetable soup and chili and apples too!

The gift of mental clarity, having let go of some thoughts that used to clutter up my mind.

The gift of speech, to be able to speak kind and loving words, to encourage someone, to communicate with others is a blessing

The gift of gratitude is a wonderful thing. It makes me smile, it makes me feel good, it multiplies, The greatest gift we can give ourselves and others is the gift of gratitude. The gift of knowing that life offers us so much to be thankful for even when it may not seem evident

It's THANKFUL Thursday.  Why not give your self a gift today...be THANKFUL.

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Right again, MA. I'm grateful for what I have for sure. It is so easy to take what you have for granted. I try hard not to. Good health, food on the table, family. These are the things that are important. Including the fact I've still got my wits about me. Some days I worry about that one, though. Take care. It's suppose to be a miserable rainy day here, so I'll be looking for a ray of sunshine.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

and a gift to bloggerville...Great Post!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

I like the gift of mental clarity, Ma, to get rid of thoughts cluttered in our minds; I need to work on that! All great gifts of thankfulness and gratitude indeed!

have a good day!

betty

grammy said...

many wonderful things to be thankful for...amen to all
like your camper picture...
are you going to be sad to put it away...we will soon. I say I could just live in mine....less housework and less stuff...cause there is no room for STUFF.

jack69 said...

The Boomer pointed out something important, you are a GIFT to Bloggerville.

We are thankful for the many gifts. Old T.J jakes comes up with some good quotes..

Love from Florida where our Camp Ground is getting a shower.

Sherry & Jack in Florida

Kath said...

I am most grateful for all you mention here Ma and always will be.I could do to work on the mental clarity more though.I hope your family are well and healing and feeling better than when I read you last.Have a lovely evening Ma.Thankyou for another lovely post.Take Care God Bless Kath Motherhen xx