It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chapter 10, Page 11, Book 11


TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY/ TWICE THE FUN

Three Frogs on a Log
by anonymous

Three frogs sat on a log and two decided to jump off. How many frogs were left on the log?
    One?
    Although most people answer one, the correct answer is three. Just because the frogs decided to jump off the log does not necessarily mean that they actually did jump.
    Is there a gap between what you decide to do and what you actually do?

When I was looking for a little inspiration for this 2's Tuesday I happened to find two quotes that had the number 3 in them so you get a bonus today.  3 for two.

3 Daily Reminders

Three daily reminders: Have courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Have the courage to do the right thing because it is right..
 Mark Twain

WINTER WEATHER FORECAST

Here in northern Ohio we have what is know as a Wooly Bear Festival.  Wooly Bears are caterpillars and they are thought to predict the weather for the coming winter.  The good news is that the woolly bears overcoats are not as heavy and black as last autumn.  That suggests temperatures will be much closer to normal.  Snow will come and go, but with enough moderations to bring more periods of wet snow or rain than last winter.  We'll have a harsh winter, but not as rough as last winter.

We pay attention to those forecasts around here and since last winter seemed to go on forever, It's good to know that this winter won't be quite so bad.

That's my 3 for this Terrific 2's Tuesday.  Hope you enjoyed the little bonus

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I like those three daily reminders, Ma; great to think about every single day! Interesting about the wooly bears; glad to hear the winter might not be as severe as last year. I do think if we watch nature, we can find out things with the weather/seasons. I know I used to have bird feeders where we have lived previously. I remember seeing lots of birds feeding right before storms; started watching them and when they ate almost in a frenzy, I knew it would be a big storm (and usually they were right). Neat how God prepares his creation like this for the upcoming seasons!

have a good day!

betty

Hollie said...

I hope the Wooly Bears are correct! I know you had a rough winter last year!

I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! It's another rainy cool day here! Which I'm loving it!

jack69 said...

I'll be sending those to a friend. We have the Wooly Worm prediction in NC. Funny how some of the old ideas work.

I love the almanacs etc.
Thanks for a good reminder from mark Twain.
Love from our Camp Ground to yours. I like the shot of your camper!
Sherry & Jack

TARYTERRE said...

Let's hear it for the WOOLY BEARS. Anything that tells me winter will be more mild this year has my attention. I love this quote you posted today, "Is there a gap between what you decide to do and what you actually do?" The answer in my house is YES. Have a great evening. Take care.

Midlife Mom said...

I too like those daily reminders. We all need to stop and think about them more often!

I think we have those same caterpillars here in Maine. I like the old ways of forecasting.

We are in Florida right now with the grandchildren. What fun!!!!

grammy said...

It seems like every winter is longer...
colder
snow packed roads
that don't melt until JUNE
Florida sounds good (o: