It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, October 10, 2011

Chapter 10, Page 10, Book 11



The head thinks, the hands labor, but it's the heart that laughs. 

 Liz Curtis Higgs

MERRY MONDAY!

Put a great big smile upon your face
As each new day you start
You'll find you'll walk a lighter step
If there's laughter in your heart!

A good laugh has great short-term effects. When you start to laugh, it doesn't just lighten your load mentally, it actually induces physical changes in your body. Variety may be the spice of life. But humor and laughter are things that will keep your heart alive and well

Recent research on blood vessels in healthy adults suggests that the laughter generated by 30 minutes of watching comedy can trigger reactions in the body that may help cut the risk of cardiovascular disease. The physical changes brought on by laughing only last about 24 hours. But repeated laughter over time seems to have a cumulative effect that may offer some long-term protection against heart disease.

Every laugh starts with a smile. If you want the rush of endorphins brought on by laughter, you should give the world a grin.

 Laughter tickles the soul and make your heart smile
Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart
Laughter sparkles like a splash of water in sunlight

Laughter is good for your heart - so  let's all LAUGH

I hope your Monday is a MERRY one!

'On Ya'-ma

9 comments:

Dad said...

I am enjoying thesr every day, and keeping them om my Journal, I WAS ASK TO DO THAT BY A READER

DAD

That corgi :) said...

That is so interesting about the medical benefits of laughter, Ma! I'm going to have to make sure to get in a big laugh every day (but then Koda usually does somethng that makes me laugh, so that's a good thing!)

I hope you have a great day!

betty

Joan said...

I have come by way of DAD's Tomato Blog and plan to come often. I agree with DAD that it is a "must read". It is also a beautiful and colorful site that pleases the senses.

Hollie said...

I'm going to laugh every chance I get!! I'm smiling this morning as I'm off from work & enjoying my day!

jack69 said...

Like the idea of laughter. We get a lot of smiles around here, but seldom the real laughs we did get watching a good comedy. Maybe we should watch TV more, the old stuff.
Thanks for a great reminder.
Sherry and Jack
Weather: Rain and sunshine off and on temp 78. Nce.

Kath said...

I think you know by now Ma one of my favourite sayings is,Laughter is the best medicine.I love to laugh.Other than Mothehen I am also known as Laughing Kath.Nothing makes you feel better.Have a great laugh yourself today and ENJOY.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

TARYTERRE said...

Just goes to prove that laughter is indeed the best medicine. My hubby is always so-oo serious. I will have to tell him about the benefits to the blood vessels and heart. Love your new header picture. Take care.

betty said...

I come by way of DAD's blog, too.
He suggest we click on your blog and I am thankful that I did. When I read the poem October Party, my memory was dancing and I was once again reciting the poem. Where had the poem gone. Forgotten since grade school. Now, my grandchildren will be reciting it, too. Sharing stories and memories bring joy.

betty said...

I'm checking to see if I did everything correctly.