It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chapter 9, Page14, Book 11


Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Abraham Lincoln

WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY/ WONDERFUL YOU!

Be honest 
Don’t deceive, cheat, or steal 
 Be reliable — do what you say you’ll do
 Have the courage to do the right thing  Build a good reputation 
 Be loyal — stand by your family, friends, and country


When wealth is gone, little is lost; when health is gone, something is lost; but when character is gone, all is lost!

Be tolerant and accepting of differences 
Use good manners, not bad language 
Be considerate of the feelings of others 
 Deal peacefully with anger, insults, and disagreements
Don’t threaten, hit or hurt anyone 
Treat others with respect; follow the Golden Rule 
Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and griefs which we endure help us in our marching onward.

Henry Ford

Treat all people fairly
Take turns and share 
Be open-minded; listen to others
Don’t blame others carelessly 
Be kind 
 Don’t take advantage of others 
 Be compassionate and show you care
 Express gratitude 
Forgive others 
Help people in need
Play by the rules 
You can get everything money will buy without a lick of character, but you can't get any of the things money won't buy--happiness, joy, peace of mind, winning relationships, etc. without character.

Zig Ziglar

Sometimes I wonder if these things are being taught to people anymore.  I grew up in a time where character meant something and I have lived my life trying to succeed in developing a better me.  I like to think that the people I admire do have a lot of these wonderful traits in their character too.

The wonderful thing about character and integrity, which are intimately related, is that they're one of the few things in life that no one will ever be able to forcefully take away from you. Your choices are your own. Even if someone can take your life, they can't force you to make a choice that you believe is wrong


YOU are wonderful!  

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Have a wonderful Wednesday, too...!!

That corgi :) said...

I really do wonder if character is taught these days; along with integrity. We sure see it not modeled in different areas of our lives though, don't we, including politicians, other leaders, commerce, etc. But all these says are great about the importance of having an honorable character and being filled with integrity. It is something that has to be taught and developed and continued to be worked on, like most things of life but I rather be known as someone with character, like I know you are Ma!

betty

Scrappy quilter said...

Dear friend, you have the gift of encouragement...another wonderful post. I firmly believe the adults have to show integrity everyday as a example to the young ones. I've seen many adults with no integrity whatsoever!! Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs

TARYTERRE said...

"When wealth is gone, little is lost; when health is gone, something is lost." This is the position my husband and I find ourselves in. He just lost his job forcing us to now rely on Social Security, alone. On top of this, he just found out he may need open heart surgery because of a leaky valve. I am praying with all my heart.

grammy said...

wonderful day...rainy...but still wonderful.
My Churches women's Bible Study started today and I am doing a study on Character. opps...I forget the name of the book and I am to lazy to go upstairs and look for it....is that a character problem? (o:

jack69 said...

Hey Ma!
We are set up in central Florida, but man is it hot. The coach was covered with love bugs.

Loved the entry and thanks. I took a couple of the quotes to send to someone special. Thanks for posting them.

I like Zig a lot.
Love from Florida