It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, September 09, 2011

Chapter 9, Page 9, Book 11


You know, you don't have to look like everybody else to be acceptable and to feel acceptable.

Fred Rogers

Like wonderful M. Rogers,  I believe what's inside is more important that what's outside.  We don't have to be rich or smart or beautiful.  We are perfect just as we are.

There is no one else in the whole wide world like you. I’m sure you have heard that before, but I wonder if you understand how true it is and how precious you are

I think we all want to believe it’s perfectly OK and maybe even wonderful to be exactly who we are.  Sometimes it t seems the world has become a stage where we have become chronic doers, only measuring our lives in terms of what we do.

Whether you like high heels or flip-flops, be who you really are. You have a voice and a style that is all your own. It has been given to you by God. We were created for a great purpose. 

Be yourself ; everyone else is already taken.
Oscar Wilde

There are always going to be products and ideas for us to get better; and it’s a beautiful thing to embrace life-long growth  But it’s important that we all realize we are beautiful and wonderful just as we are in our complete authentic selves.

Being authentic means being vulnerable and letting people see all your different facets, trusting they won’t judge you, and knowing that if they do that’s completely on them.  I don’t know about you, but I’d rather be real with people and know the ones who accept me accept me fully, than pretend and then have to maintain the illusion that I am something I’m not.

When we think about it, if we'd take half of the energy we use to appear a certain way and apply it elsewhere, I’m sure we’d all be a much happier. Truly, happy. The greatest lesson I have learned is to Be authentic and to be genuine. To Be honest and true to myself and to the God who made me.


Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.


Dr. Seuss

Give yourself permission to not be perfect, and instead focus on progress.  Love in action every day. Do something kind for you. Do something kind for others. Do something kind for the world.

Even though I'm not perfect, far from it I fear,  I still feel pretty fantastic!

I hope your Friday is a FANTASTIC one.

'On Ya' -ma

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Great advice. It is so hard to not try and be like everyone else. We are so afraid of being not accepted if we are just ourselves. Have a good day today MA.

jack69 said...

It would be so peaceful if we all realized we are exactly as he made us, and right to be ourselves.
Satisfied with how we are (personality) and not want to be someone else.

Although it is hard sometimes.

Thanks MA!

That corgi :) said...

I think you are a fantastic person, Ma! I liked all the quotes about being "you". Sometimes I know I have tried to be what others might want me to be, but I'm happier when I am just who I want to be, flaws and all!

love your tree header picture!

betty

Pat MacKenzie said...

True words. It's unfortunate that we don't remember to be ourselves until we're older and have already tried to be someone else. It takes us awhile to settle into our bodies and minds and accept ourselves.