It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Chapter 9, Page 6, Book 11


TERRIFIC 2'S Tuesday


Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, Where have I gone wrong? Then a voice says to me, This is going to take more than one night.

Charlie Brown    

Taking time to look inside our own hearts can be very helpful. Resentment, jealousy, or anger can tempt us to do something that we know is wrong.  Sometimes it's easy to catch ourselves seriously contemplating revenge  as a way of blowing off steam.

When we see an issue becoming too dominant in our mind, it is best to try to resolve it, even if all we can do is bring it to prayer. As hard as it may be, we have to try not to let old resentments and past hurts influence our thinking. If we see them rising up in a situation, we need to be very careful not to say something we may regret later. 

By keeping our hearts pliable we’ll find ourselves far more forgiving and open toward everyone else. 

Saying nothing . . . sometimes says the most
Emily Dickenson
Have you ever noticed how hard it can be to find the right words to use.  There are some situations that are just so overwhelming that saying nothing at all may be just the right thing to say.
Sometimes a hug or a smile may be just what is needed without voicing anything.  Hugs and smiles are two of my very favorite things and I try to use them often.

That is my 2 for this Tuesday:  hearts and hugs

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I too, have found some situations so difficult that finding the right words to use is near impossible. So I reach out and squeeze a hand, pat a back or just give a big hug and it really does make a difference. Words are not needed. Have a GREAT day.

jack69 said...

Great entry, nice entry with Charlie i like it, but this one:
Saying nothing . . . sometimes says the most
Emily Dickenson

Well, that is the jewel I have found today!
Thanks. Cloudy and cool here, nice.

That corgi :) said...

Wonderful Tuesday 2's today, Ma! I can so relate to both of them; I spent a lot of time reflecting/thinking about things during my recent break and you are right, taking it to prayer is always a good thing! Also, I'm with you; sometimes the best thing to say is nothing; I often think just a hug or holding someone's hand can speak many a word!

thanks for the welcome back; hope you enjoyed your camping weekend!

betty

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

I hope you have a good week.

Buttercup said...

Just showing up is so much of life. I'm not very huggy, but find a squeeze of an arm says an awful lot. We've got rain today and it's cooler. Don't mind wearing a sweater at all. Have a great day!

grammy said...

How can we go wrong with hearts and hugs?
We are cooling off here...glad we got back from our camping trip before the rain and drop in temps...
Have a good week ((hugs))

Kath said...

Well Ma.Here I am , I visit you once again,hoping it will now be more often.I have had such problems with Blogger for weeks now,and I am hoping I have now solved them.I shall pop in again later today to read your Wednesday post.This one is a trial comment just to let you know I am around once more,hoping it publishes now..It has taken some solving.Pray it stays this way.I have missed all my bloggers I followed .Take Care.God Bless Kath xx