It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, September 30, 2011

Chapter 9, Page 30, Book 11

The miracle of autumn is the reminder that though the leaves may turn red, and then fall away, the tree remains. And in the springtime it will again bud and bloom and become full again


FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

Autumn is a season of little miracles.  Summer is so filled with action and movement, that when autumn arrives, it’s as if the world stops to catch its breath.  With a chill in the air we say goodbye to summer.  The sun sets low catching the trees and the birds sing their last songs of summer, its a very special time, a time to catch our breath and prepare for winter and all its wonders.

OCTOBER begins tomorrow and now PUMPKINS will be seen everywhere I go.  Road side stands and super markets sell a lot of them from now until Halloween.  There are pumpkins for Jack O Lanterns and pumpkins for making pies.

To me it is a miracle how this fantastic orange round ball can contain so much fun!  I love to see them and I love to eat them.

Ancient cultures saw the coming of autumn as the end of the year. They hurried to bring in the harvest, and then celebrated the gifts they’d received.  

We won't celebrate Thanksgiving here till November but there will be many joyful days in between.  Harvest festivals have become very popular again.  I don't know if I'll get to go to one this year but if you take a look around my house you will see that I'm decorated for fall and it's looking very festive here.

I've got my apple cider ready and it's perfect heated for a warm beverage on a cool evening.

I'm looking for and am appreciating the many FANTASTIC miracles of Fall

Have a FANTASTIC Friday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I love autumn too. It is like pausing to take a breath. The sights, sounds and smells so warm and inviting. I am a big Halloween nut. Been decorating and celebrating it for years. I have quite the haunted house. You enjoy the season, MA. That cider sounds yummy.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

WE "may" get some snow flurries tomorrow night....yikes...!!
Hope it doesn't put Frost on the Pumpkins..!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

I bet that apple cider is good on a cool autumn evening, Ma! I like how you described fall "its as if the world stops to catch its breath". That truly is it, things are winding down slowly as we go into winter; leaves fall off trees, final harvests are picked, etc.

Lots of people starting to decorate for fall/Halloween here too and I saw a few pumpkin patches going up for people to get their pumpkins. September flew by, I'm sure October will do the same!

have a good Friday!

betty

jack69 said...

Ahhhhh, warm cider with the smell of cinnamon sticks to stir. Autumn, you capture it very well!

Scrappy quilter said...

Autumn is my second favorite season (first is winter). I love the colors. I was just commenting to C yesteerday about the beautiful colors of fall. We will celebrate Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks. It's one of my favorite holidays. No snow here yet, suppose to be +29C here today. I had my first cup of hot cider two nights ago...have more in my cupboard. Hope you have a wonderful Friday. Hugs