It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Chapter 9, Page 29, Book 11



There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.

Author Unknown 

THANKFUL THURSDAY

 If we look too much at what we lack, we will forget to be thankful for what we have.

Often we get so caught up in the every day grind of living we forget to truly appreciate what we have. I'm not just talking about a home and food and clothes. I mean that we actually can wake up in the morning and be able to say THANK YOU  each and every morning. We are alive!

We take it for granted that we are alive, with a roof over our heads and food and clothing.  We need to be grateful for every moment that we breathe.

It is the little things in life that really matter and for these we should be on the lookout. I live alone, and as such I find it difficult at times to cook for one. None the less there is food on the table and I am no slacker when it comes to eating.

If we train ourselves to look for the good in everything, instead of what is wrong around us, we have the power to change the world! To change our own perspective and perception on ourselves and our surroundings is an awesome realization for we can change only ourselves, not others.

This week is not much different than many others in the past.  I'm blessed with my family and my friends, my home and plenty to eat.  I'm blessed with so much stuff that I've had to get rid of a lot.  I'm thankful that I can still do the cleaning up and de-cluttering here at my house.  

We can dream and aspire for bigger and better things in life, but need to always remember that everything is from our heavenly Father.. And to always be happy and thankful for what we have at this moment

I have this simple statement that I make often, Thank you God for all the blessings and abundance in my life

Hope that you'll find many things in your life that fill you with thankfulness.

Please join me in being THANKFUL this Thursday.

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I like your statement, Ma; I need to be more thankful to God for the abundance and good life he has given me. The fact that I do get up every morning is indeed a great blessing and gift!!

have a great thankful Thursday!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

You are so right. Too many of us are not thankful for what we have. We need to really focus on that in good times and bad. Have a wonderful day.

Scrappy quilter said...

Wouldn't it be a much better world if we we're all thankful for what we have and for each day that is given us. I've found throughout the years that being thankful makes for much better days. Love your post. Hope you have a wonderful day. And thank you for always leaving such positive commments on my blog. Hugs

jack69 said...

Always a good read, Thanks.

grammy said...

Such good reminders (o: Love the plant in the pumpkin...
I always hate to spend $5 or more on a pumpkin...I am such a chepo (o: