It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, September 26, 2011

Chapter 9, Page 26, Book 11



MERRY MONDAY!

Once again I got the urge to clean my office. Before I could resist, I had created an even bigger mess than I started with. One pile turned into many piles when I started sorting books, papers, and magazines. As the mess mushroomed, I lamented that I had even started. But there was no going back.

I have wished I was still the organized person I used to be.  Many years ago before I went back to work and before I made the move to a house much smaller than the one I live in now, I was organized.  Everything had it's place and I knew just where to find it

I've learned there are many things we cannot do, but there are also numerous things we can do, and do well. We shouldn't compare ourselves or our abilities and accomplishments with those of others or with things we used to do.  Today is a new day and a new season in our lives.  We need to be gentle in criticizing ourselves and others too.

We all have the right to make our own mistakes and learn from them.  I'm on a mission to get things done around my house but I'm taking a 2nd look at just how I'm going to accomplish that.  Whenever we set out to do something good, we shouldn’t be surprised when the situation gets worse before it gets better. This doesn’t prove that we’re doing the wrong thing; it just reminds us that we need time to accomplish everything

There is a season for everything under heaven.  This fall is my season to adjust and accomplish things in a new way.

After a little attitude adjustment it'll be a merrier Monday here at my house
I hope your Monday is a MERRY one too!

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I hear what you're saying about things ballooning into a bigger mess. I started doing ebay again and boxes of items are overflowing in my living room. But it could turn into much needed income so I'm not complaining too much. Good luck with tackling your stuff.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes....have a great Monday...i'll let you know what the rangers say about the wasp...!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

Slow and steady wins the race I found with organization, Ma, as I know you probably do too. Tackle one corner than move on to the next corner and so on (whatever that corner is). Saturday I realized I had so many sites in my favorites online that I hadn't used in awhile so I spent yesterday afternoon clearing them out, deleting sites no longer interested in, moving sites into groups, created a folder for recipes, journals, songs, etc. Then I went through the recipe ones to see what recipes I was still interested in. Lots of times I'll click on a recipe online, looks interesting, so I'll save it. So went through those, printed out the ones I really thought we would make, deleted a lot. Then after that when the online organizing was done, decided to organize the my recipe book. I had recipes in there I had never made that I had collected from over five years ago so I looked at them and thought "nope, probably not going to make them" so I thinned that down. Took about two hours to do all that, but it felt good. Now onto the next project! Like you will do. A little bit here, a little bit there and soon all will be how you want it organized. Good luck!

betty

Scrappy quilter said...

I know about bigger messes too. I've learnt since we are now "small space living" that I had to get organized. If I didn't my home would be a mess all the time. It's taken awhile and a lot of decluttering, however now I don't have quite so many messes. Hope your day goes well organizing. Cheering you on. Hugs

jack69 said...

Just don't organize yourself out of the house. LOL
We all get into that situation some time, even here in the motor home. Yesterday we were looking for a bill from the cruise. It must be here, and it is, we just have to locate it.
Take care. Good reminders in the entry.
Love from Florida.

grammy said...

Just caught up here...
always a lot to learn and read here...
I hate the piles I make when trying to organize....sometimes I am tempted to just dump it all back where it came from.
We are having fall I guess...even if it was 89 here today (o:

Hollie said...

I wish I was more organized! I'm just not! I try not to stress too much over it!

I hope you have had a wonderful day in spite of the cleaning/organizing.

Donna said...

At least you were organized at some point in your life. Alas, not me.
I don't take the time to tell you, but I will now: I so appreciate your faithful comments on my blog. I always know you are there. A constant thing in an ever-changing life. I appreciate you.