It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Chapter 9, Page 21, Book 11


Your presence in my life brings wonderful smiles and loving thoughts within my heart. 

 Unknown.


WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY

Today I'm going to share with  you some WONDERFUL reasons to SMILE!

SMILE to stay healthy

Medical science has proved that smiling releases endorphins in the brain. For those who may not be aware, endorphins are natural pain killers in the brain. Thus, smiling indirectly acts as a natural pain killer. It kills stress, and provides you relaxation.

SMILE to boost confidence

Take a few deep breaths and smile to yourself saying, I can do this.   These few words, the deep breaths and a wonderful smile charge you up to deal with any kind of challenge. It boosts your confidence.

SMILING connects us to the world

Smiling is the most effective non-verbal way of communicating with and winning people. A wave of openness and beauty is sent out from your end, when you smile at someone.

SMILE to comfort

You see a person hurt in the hospital while passing by his bed, you see a weary person by the roadside who has missed his last bus, you see a beggar on the pavement who has no reason to smile – well, you have nothing to give them, but one; smile. 

Smiling for a Better Night's Sleep

When your day has been stressful, smile as you lie down. Recall happy memories. Relaxing with a smile will assist you to let go of the day and enter a more peaceful rest.

Why smile? Because you can!

My heart thinks about you all often and I keep you all in my prayers.  Have a blessed day my WONDERFUL friends and family!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

What an uplifting post. I'll have a smile on my face all day.

That corgi :) said...

Loved them all, Ma; but that one about smiling being the best nonverbal way to communicate is so true. I know sometimes I'll walk by someone and they are almost reluctant to look up at me, but I'll just smile and then suddenly they'll be smiling too. And you know how babies react to a smiling face :)

thanks for all the reasons to smile this morning!

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

Lots of good reasons to smile ~ have a wonderful Wednesday ~ Ally x

Jean said...

Thanks Ma for a wonderful post. This made my day. Jean