It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, September 02, 2011

Chapter 9, Page 2, Book 11


FANTASTIC FRIDAY

I confess a passionate love for the sea and if you know anything about me at all, you know I take regular beach days.  BEACH days are all in my head.  I dream about the beach, imagine that I'm right there on it and just forget anything else.

I had one of those days recently.   I slept in till 8:30 which is something I rarely do and then after a few hours on the computer finally got dressed.   After that i managed to clean up the kitchen from the day before...yes I went to bed with dishes in the sink.  I did manage a load of laundry, but truthfully that is about it.  I needed a BEACH day to relax and just be.

I was just like a sign I saw that said

I don't want to
I don't have to
You can't make me
I'm retired

Believe me when I say I make use of the fact that I'm retired and often enforce the rule that what doesn't get done today will still be there tomorrow.
There will be days when you’ll end up having a melt down, freaking out, and going into an emotional tailspin. It’s completely normal. The key is to let it happen.
What’s important is, once it’s over, you need to pick up the pieces and regain your composure.  Expect bad days every once in a while. These days may scare and upset you, but realize they are all part of life.
Beach days are wonderful for catching a nap, reading a book, or just watching the birds.  They are good for the body and the mind.
Today is definitely NOT another beach day for me.  I'm off to the camper for the Labor Day weekend.  Labor Day may be one of the last warm weather family gatherings we'll have for a while, but it’s also our opportunity to say farewell to summer with gusto. 

 It's going to be a FANTASTIC Friday here.

Hope your Friday is a FANTASTIC one too.

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Buttercup said...

We all need beach days. I've got a bunch in a row now and I'm trying to learn that these days of getting better are beach days. No errands to do! Have a wonderful weekend.

jack69 said...

I have known working folk, on a regular job, who could sucesfully take 'beach days'. I always wished I could.
Now that I am fully retired, I like to try to do the same.

Good entry. Good on Ya!

Scrappy quilter said...

I love it...beach day!! I think I'm going to implement that into a monthly routine. Have fun at the camper. Hugs

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE the beach too. BEACH DAYS sound like the perfect way to relax. I love your motto- "You can't make me I'm retired." Have a terrific time out at the camper for the holiday weekend. ENJOY!

Pat MacKenzie said...

I love the beach too and miss being around the ocean. I'm going to follow your example now and take me a beach day, complete with a beachy screen saver and a summer romance novel. And I now have a new motto. Can you guess what it is???