It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, September 19, 2011

Chapter 9, Page 19, Book 11



Merry Monday!

Every day is my best day; this is my life; I'm not going to have this moment again.

Bernie Siegel

We talk about the days that were just the best days of our lives and I often think the day I got married or had a baby were some of my best days.  But I've learned that every day can be the best day of your life if you choose to make it one.
The best day of the week is TODAY, of course. Yesterdays are lost forever, and we know only too well that tomorrow isn't promised to anyone.
I remember a story of a little girl who came running downstairs one morning, lighthearted as only a child can be. She rushed into the kitchen and noticed that her mother wore a grim expression.
Mommy, she said, aren't you happy?
Why certainly I'm happy, her mother replied.
Well, said the little girl,you certainly haven't told your face yet

Some people squander time and some people squander money and even more people squander both. That's just plain stupid. I've found that if you treat everyday as a gift,  you'll spend your time more productively. You begin every day with a blank canvas. You're an artist and you have complete control over how you spend the day. Grab your brush and start painting.  Ralph Waldo Emerson warned, One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive hour. Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year

The potential to live your best life starts with each new morning. With every sunrise, you can choose to approach the day with an attitude of faith and expectancy

The Best Day of My Life 

Today when I awoke, I suddenly realized that this is the best day of my life ever!  There were time when I wondered if I would make it to today; but I did and because I did I'm going to celebrate!

Today, I'm going to celebrate an unbelievable life I have had so far:  the accomplishments, the many blessings and yes, even the hardships because they have served to make me stronger

I will go through this day with my head held high, and a happy heart

I will marvel at God's seemingly simple gifts:  the morning dew, the sun, the clouds, the trees, the flowers, the birds.  Today, none of these miraculous creations will escape my notice

Today I will share my excitement for life with other people.  I'll make someone smile.  I'll go out of my way to perform and unexpected act of kindness for someone I don't even know

Today I'll give a sincere compliment to someone who seems down.  I'll tell a child how special he is, and I'll tell someone I love just how deeply I care for them and how much they mean to me

Today is the day I quit worrying about what I don't have and start being grateful for all the wonderful things God has given to me

I'll remember that to worry is just a wast of time because my faith in God and His divine plan ensures
everything will just be fine

Tonight before I go to bed, I'll go outside and raise my eyes to the heavens.  I will stand in awe at the
beauty of the stars and the moon, and I will praise God for these magnificent treasures.

As the day ends and I lay my head down on my pillow, I will thank the Almighty for the best day of my life.  And I will sleep the sleep of a contented child, excited with expectation because
I know tomorrow is going to be....

The Best Day of My Life!

author unknown


Every day is my best day; this is my life. I'm not going to have this moment again. 
It's Monday and I'm celebrating the best day of my life!

Have a MERRY Monday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Everyday is a new beginning to right the wrongs of yesterday. I love the story you told of the little girl and her mom. Everynight if I can, I look to the heavens, awestruck by the moon and stars. They are indeed magnificent treasures. Unfortunately it rained last night so instead of looking up, I put up a new blog post instead.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Another great post..!!
Thanx, Ma

That corgi :) said...

I liked that little girl's comment to her mom, Ma, lots of wisdom in her words. We need to display happiness inside and out, with joy in our heart and a smile on our face :)

That is true that every day can be the best day of our lives if we allow ourselves to live in gratitude and faith, as I know you try to do every day! I know this will be a great day for you!

enjoy!

betty

Scrappy quilter said...

AMEN!! We all need to think this way. Another wonderful post. Hope you have the perfect Mon. Hugs

Jean said...

I'm loving this cooler weather we're having. Love the story about the little girl and her mom. Always a great post, Jean.

Barbara said...

Always full of wisdom.

Thanks for all your visits and comments Martha.