It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, September 12, 2011

Chapter 9, Page 12, Book 2011



MERRY Monday/  Live and Let Live

The phrase live and let live means to mind your business, and I'll mind mine—and vice versa.  It's the modern concept that one should let others live their lives as they see fit.  I see it as a form of the Golden Rule

When we live and let live, we don't need to criticize, judge, or condemn others. We have no need to control them or try and make them conform to our way of thinking. We let others live their own lives and we live ours.  I have discovered that the application of this principle makes my life a lot simpler.  It isn't easy, but it's often better for sure.

.Don’t you just love it when someone who more often than not has a hard time running his or her own life, butts in and tries to run yours?  Sometimes we get into things that are really none of our business, and  those things can make us miserable. I believe we should not become entangled with the lives of others. We can be a good friend, but should beware of entanglements. 

It is possible to lose yourself in someone else's life.  Some folks love to fight. They can smell a brawl for miles. If people would stay out of it and mind their own business, there would be fewer troubles in the world.  

When you stick your nose into another's business, you may fail to mind your own business, namely the business of taking care of yourself.  Most of us have enough business of our own, without getting involved in the business of others. So I try to make it my  ambition to mind my own business and endeavor to live quietly and peacefully. It's a great way to live.

Just as we can’t live another’s life for them.  They have to learn for themselves.  Think of your children.  How you want to make life easy for them so they don’t make the same mistakes you made.  But you can’t do that.  If they need to learn they will have to live through the experience for themselves.  Just because something makes me happy doesn’t mean that it will make someone else happy, and just because it may make someone else happy is no reason it will make me happy either. 

I'm merrily celebrating another Monday here at my house.  

Walking along, minding my business...

I hope it's a MERRY Monday for you too.

'On Ya'-ma

10 comments:

Midlife Mom said...

GREAT POST! Everyone should carry this in their wallet and get it out and read it about once a week!! I so agree with you, I try to live my life quietly and mind my own business. I don't get into neighborhood politics and it makes life much simpler. Some of the neighbors are fighting and won't speak. How stupid. Thank goodness most of them are wonderful and also don't get into it all. I have enough to take care of without taking on some silly dispute in the neighborhood. Again, great post!!!

That corgi :) said...

Again very good advice, Ma. I agree that there are some people out there looking for a good fight and it is good to avoid them and to not get wrapped up in what they may say, knowing they might be enticing you to fight along with them. I think I'll take that walk along with you of minding my own business too :)

I hope your Monday is a great one!

betty

jack69 said...

You have done it again. Hit the nail onthe head, and drove it home. Good advice to live by. As MM and the Corgi have said. Great.

Take care we 'fold up the tent', or raise the jacks, pull the slide outs in, start the diesel and head South tomorrow.

Take care and thanks.

Scrappy quilter said...

So very true. I think living a quiet and simple life and staying out of other's business is the only way to go. Great post!!

I'm finally getting back into the swing of things after a very rough week. Hope you have a great week. Hugs

Hollie said...

I love this entry today especially this section here as I find it so true!

Don’t you just love it when someone who more often than not has a hard time running his or her own life, butts in and tries to run yours?

On occasions like this I just try to bite my tongue & move on, but it is so hard at times!

Jean said...

Geart post and good advice. I hope you have a nice day, Jean

Buttercup said...

I find this most at work. It's so easy for people to tell someone what to do, as long as they have no responsibility for the project. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

grammy said...

good to check in with you and read your great advice (o: So fun to see Mr Wonderful....happy Birthday to him (o: I always love to have you visit me and leave me a comment. You are always so good about posting everyday. I have had such a hard time getting to the computer and having it work and actually thinking of something to write. You do a great job!!!

TARYTERRE said...

Live and let live. These are indeed words to live by. I don't nose around in other people's business and appreciate the same respect.

Pat MacKenzie said...

I'm a big fan of live and let live too. I don't like other people telling me how to live and I don't try to tell them how to live either. It's especially hard to do with your children though when you know what pitfalls there are out there. Sometimes we just have to let them live and learn and be there for them when they come out the other side.