It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Chapter 9, Page 1, Book 11


Apples Make Life Much Sweeter

A true friend
warms you with her
presence, trust you with 
her secrets, remembers 
you in her prayers


THANKFUL Thursday!

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: … a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted…

Ecclesiastes 3:1-2

This week I've been thinking about all the seasons, not only the yearly seasons, but the seasons of life. And I finally got the passage of Ecclesiastes…we have to let go of the past and look to the future…So my focus today is on the seasons of my life and how the Lord helped me grow through them

I'm thankful for all friendships I've had in my life. The past and current ones. All the friendships have helped me to grow into the woman I am today…some were friends for just a short time, others have been friends for many years, and some are internet friends that I have enjoyed meeting.  All are very precious to me.

I'm thankful that I had a wonderful marriage.  I had a loving and supporting husband and although we were not able to grow old together, I had some great years that I wouldn't have missed for anything.  I learned that although you love the person you're married to, you shouldn't let them become the only reason for living.  When they are gone, life goes on and so must we.

I'm thankful that I was able to work and do something that enabled me to support myself and my children.  And now I'm thankful for retirement days to relax and be refreshed.  Those years were hard ones but they are over now. I learned that hard work is rewarded.

I'm thankful to be a mom. Motherhood certainly helped me to become more patient. Thank You dear Lord, for helping me through the hard years of teenage hood, and through the years of letting go and empty nesting too.  I learned that time goes by too fast and that you have to treasure every moment.

 And I'm thankful for the next season in my life....may I always have an open heart and spirit, no matter what…may I never be to old to learn something new every day of my life.

So many seasons have gone by in my life.  As we enter this new season I anticipate wonderful fall days full of beauty and color.  I'm am very thankful for all the seasons of my life.

I hope that this Thursday you have some wonderful things to be THANKFUL for too.

'On Ya'-ma


3 comments:

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

all wonderful things to be thankful for.
My grandson is in daycare now as well. It was just too far of a drive for daughter. And it really wore me out, and I could not keep up with all the other things I needed to get done. He is 11 months old and crawling and trying to walk. Very active, never still unless he sleeps. But he is a good happy baby and I enjoy the time i Do get to spend with him.
Sounds like your little grandson is doing good. I know what you mean though about babysitting. They are hard to keep up with.
Enjoy your weekend. good to hear from you.

jack69 said...

Inspiring entry MA. We too are so thankful for all God's Blessings to us.
Take care and enjoy the rest of the week, winding down fast. We are celebrating tonight!!! Doing our 55th a few weeks ear;y so we can share with family.

TARYTERRE said...

How true it is... "We are NEVER too old to learn." Something new pops on my radar every day.