It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Chapter 8, Page 4, Book 11

THE BLESSED TEST

I woke up this morning and knew that today,
the sun would not be shining and the clouds would be gray.

As I stepped outside, rain fell upon my head.
My car wouldn't start so I walked to school instead.

I forgot all of my assignments, I failed all of my tests
I dropped my head in disgust and asked the Lord for one request.

Lord, why is it that things won't go my way?"
He gently replied, Dear child it is because you didn't thank me yesterday.

I woke you up and enabled you to see the sun again.
I gave you shelter, protected your family, and even let you make a new friend.

I blessed you far greater than I ever had before.
But you were too busy to thank me once more.

You didn't feel sick because I maintained your health.
You had money in your pocket because I maintained your wealth.

You had shoes on you feet and clothes to wear, too
You had plenty of food to eat, and what did you do?

You ignored me and went about your tasks.
But when you wanted something you never hesitated to ask.

I was there when you needed me, and that wasn't too long ago.
But when things started going your way, it was me you did not know.

As if that weren't enough, I provided your favorite luxuries.
This was something I didn't have to do-they weren't even necessities

And when it was time to get on your knees and show your gratitude,
You decided that after such a fulfilling day, you weren't in the mood.

So I decided to give you just a little test.
To show you how it would feel to stop being blessed.

I began to realize what the Lord was saying.
And when I got home, I fell to my knees and started praying.

He said, My child, you have learned and you know I do forgive.
But remember to remember this day as long as you shall live.

I love filling your life with joy, and your pain I'll alleviate it.
But just a simple thank you would show how much you appreciate it.

Author unknown


THANKFUL THURSDAY

Most of the time I think that all the precious life moments are gifts from God: gifts to be unwrapped and enjoyed. When I think about all the wonderful blessings in my life it's hard just to pick a few to mention in my THANKFUL Thursday post.

More and more I dwell on what is good and right in this world of ours. My everyday experiences are certainly nothing earth shaking yet they are blessings so that is why I often go to the internet to find some interesting things to share with you all rather than to tell you of the mundane happenings here at my house. More often than not the topics I choose to write about are things that have deep meaning to me and the quotes and stories I find can often express my thoughts better than I could ever do my self.

So today I want to say I'm thankful for the internet and the wealth of information available to us all. Of course you do have to be careful and use caution when you use it too.

I am very thankful for my home, my family and my friends. I'm thankful for my health and clothes to wear and a little money in my pocket too.

I try never to forget to say thank you for my blessings, but if I do I'll be reminded about it I'm sure.

I hope that this Thursday you will remember to be THANKFUL for all your blessings too!

'On Ya'-ma

Thursday resolution: Before indulging in a long rant or meltdown today, take a moment of silence to reflect if it is worth the anger and frustration.


5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I'm thankful for the internet too. Last night I put up a new blog site, in addition to the one I currently write. The NEW one is now in my profile list if you want to check it out. I daresay I wanted to have a few rants trying to get it just right. But I kept my cool and am proud of what I accomplished.

jack69 said...

As always, after reading this, I am more thankful for what I have.
As I read I realized that folks who say, "Why Me?" seldom ask as a friend did, "Why not me?"

Take care my friend,
sending Love up from North Carolina
Sherry &Jack

Kathy said...

Another great post MA. I too am thankful for what I have and try to get on my knees each night. Hope you are having a good summer.

Rose said...

This post certainly made me think of all the things I'm grateful for. Thanks for reminding me.

I love reading your blogs.

Barb said...

Your entries are such a blessing, MA.We all have so many things to be grateful for. Even midst the darkest of our moments, if we look hard, we'll see the sun. True, it is a lot harder to see it when we are hurting, but I have learned to look.Every time I do- I find it.