It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chapter 8, Page 31, Book 11



Wonderful Wednesday!

I'd like to share a little folk tale with you all today called The Little Red Hen

The Little Red Hen finds a grain of wheat, and asks for help from the other farmyard animals o plant it. However, no animal will voluntee to help her.
At each further stage, the harvest, threshing, milling the wheat into flour, and baking the flour into bread, the hen again asks for help from the other animals, but again she gets no assistance.
Finally, the hen has completed her task, and asks who will help her eat the bread. This time, all the previous non-participants eagerly volunteer. However, she declines their help, stating that no one aided her in the preparation work, and eats it with her chicks, leaving none for anyone else.
The moral of this story is that those who show no willingness to contribute to an end product do not deserve to enjoy the end product: if a man does not work, let him not eat.

The moral to tales like this always have a good point and of course I'm trying to make a point today too.

I finally got a new car, new to me anyway, and I've named her Little Red Hen  I got her the beginning of this week so she has already spent a few days in her nice chicken coop outside.  I have to say that I love having a car of my own again.  She's not new and has been around awhile.  One of my son's bought her new when he got his first job after graduating from college.  Now it's time for him to get a new one and since I needed a reliable car at a low price I bought his old one.

My mom used to name the cars I had and the last one was called the Silver Streak so I decided that this one had to have a name too.  Being red, the Little Red hen was the first to pop into my mind.  Due to my slow internet connection I can't show you a picture yet, but she is red.

Here we are at the end of August, and it's important that we let go of this month in order to make room for September, which we all can make into one of the most positive months of our lives, if we approach it in positive,loving, and hopeful ways.  End your month well, and start the next one well!

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Buttercup said...

Hope you and Red have many times together! Thanks for all of your sweet notes and thoughtfulness.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Congrats on the new chick in the coop...!!

Enjoy

jack69 said...

Great to have a car you know the history on. Once my dad took our old car and gave us his newer one when he went to trade. They gave him the same trade in value.

I like to purchase used especially when I know the cars history. Good luck with the little Red Hen!!!

My daddy often quoted that, he doesn't work will not eat.

peggy said...

It's good you have a car now. I think she will live up to her name. I often think of that story when I am working in my garden and laugh.

TARYTERRE said...

GREAT name. Congratulations on the new to you car. May it bring you many miles of happiness.